Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Update You've Been Waiting For- Bromance Involved

I write this from a small coffee shop in the Mountains. Sign on wall: "Drink Coffee...do stupid things faster & with more energy!"

Having finally had a chance to get together the photos from last week's skate session, at which time I met the bromance, I bring you my thoughts as well as a short video of MB skating. Wait a minute. Slow down. What was that??? You met the bromance in the flesh? Tell us more!!! Short summary: tattooed legs and arms, psuedo mullet and pierced ear!

I'll admit that this historic meeting was a little more anticlimatic than I had been envisioning. Maybe because I had built up the meeting so much in my mind that I had expected him to be a larger than life figure. In reality, he - excuse me a second while I confirm with MB approximately how tall the bromance is - that's right - he was about 5' 9" tall. [I had a whole 'nother paragraph in here that I decided to delete so you will just have to imagine what it said and whether or not it may have been snotty :D and whether it involved someone and their wife checking i-phones throughout the night]

However, props to the bromance for commenting that I am a kick a$$ skater. (modest much? LOL) I was ready to sign up with the local roller derby team that came in to practice after the public session. I quickly retreated after realizing they could probably blow me over like a feather.




The "bro" is a decent skater and I have not seen MB this animated about skating in a long, long time. He has an extra spring in his step, and for that, I am thankful to his new bromance.

Fortunately, MB does not envision us traveling the country in an RV visiting rinks in every state, yet...He has discovered that he and the bromance do not have much in common outside of skating. We are not gadget people. We are also not very flashy, except when I am in my skankilicious costume - Get this, when we got out of the rink, I almost died when I saw the bromance's choice of vehicle: A sparkly white Hummer with lots of antennas- overcompensating much? [As all the Hummer drivers quietly unsubscribe to my blog, in my mind I prepare another blog post about losing a reader.]

Super spunky reader Amanda requested a video of MB skating, so here it is. The video was taped from my point and shoot camera since I didn't want to risk the video camera being "lifted". In the video he is doing the shuffle, which we like to do in unison. (VC taped footage of us skating together but it too blurry for a quality blog such as this ;-):























Does my outfit in these photos scream "suburban mom goes skating?" or what??? The horror!!

And there ya have it.

24 comments:

Alicia said...

Man! the elusive bromance is revealed!! i love it! the hummer diss and all!!! and i think u should totally do roller derby...ur a belly dancer, you could take them!!

~Kristen~ said...

Well, I think MB has got it all over the bromance!!! Check out those moves!!! And I agree....most guys I see climb down out of those Hummers are clearly contemplating for something!!! I have to say I was expecting the roller rink to look much more...80's!!! lol From what I have been told the rinks around here are still stuck in like, that totally rad decade!!! ;-)

Kathie @ my net finds said...

awwww, is the bromance doomed outside of skating?!?! ;-)

all of you look so cute! he's an awesome skater!!! last time I went was my senior year in high school...16 years ago (good grief) fell right on my behind-O-U-C-H!

you guys are so awesome.

Debbie said...

Why can we not get the suburban mom out of us? I feel the horror with you.

shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

you look awsome...

we love to skate in our household too...

Big Mama Cass said...

haha good pics :) Never heard "bromance" before, i love it! haha

Big Mama Cass said...

Oh and I forgot to add... I have a hummer!! **unsubscribe**

haha! Just kidding. Seriously, though... I just can't get serious about a car called a "Hummer". Ya feel me? haha

Kristin said...

Your man candy has some sweet moves!

cherie said...

haha - what a fun post! did you ask for permission (from MB) to have his pictures posted?;)

angelcel said...

What a mover! I'm seriously impressed seeing as the last (and only) time I tried to skate was when I was about 12 and endlessly fell on my backside. This looks like tremendous fun and I'm suddenly thinking I shouldn't have been such a quitter.

Yankee Girl said...

I think it is so awesome that you and your family go to a skating rink. I didn't know they still existed.

And the only thing that makes you look like a suburban mom is the fact that you are in a skating rink. Outside of the rink no one would have any clue!

Karen said...

Tattoos, a mullet AND a Hummer. Oh, he really knows how to pick 'em doesn't he...

BTW, your skating rink looks much nicer than the ones here.

Lucy said...

How sweet!!! Loved the pictures, so the wife is a dud???

Emmy said...

Looks so fun! I haven't been roller skating since grade school.
Thanks for coming by my blog.

Tammy Howard said...

Suburban moms unite!

Fun to hear and SEE more about the bromance!

BreeLu Bows and Bands said...

Thank you so much for visiting our blog. Our products make great gifts so if you ever need something girly as a gift think of us! I have 2 boys also so I understand about being out of the girly loop!

Jennifer Hughes said...

This is great! Love the blog! Thanks for following me!

Joy said...

Derby girls are ruff-n-tuff! I would be seriously impressed if you auditioned for them. Or whatever you have to do to qualify to be on their team.

Katie said...

Hi! Thanks for the welcome to SITS... I obviously have no clue what is going on here, but this entry totally made me laugh.

Skating sounds like so much fun! I went to a roller derby game last weekend, and it was so awesome to see. Wish I was coordinated enough to do it :)

Amanda said...

SO basically, all that needs to happen is that I put in a request and you will fulfill it??

I like this new turn of events. I shall ponder what will be my next request....

Great shots!! I particularly like first one. And that fact that this is a bromance.

Than makes me laugh.

Tina said...

Bromances are a great thing. Just don't let them get too "involved" that can lead to trouble....

Jen said...

Looks like fun! Great pics :)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

You and your man have quite the moves, don't you? You with your belly dancing and him with his skating moves...a match made in heaven! ;)

Love the 'great reveal' of the bromance...complete with the diss on the hummer...*snicker!*

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Carma, imagine my horrors not at your Suburban Mom outfit, but on how thin you are, my dahlink! Not enough cheeseballs, methinks!

Seriously, how hunky is The Boy - What a star! And I love the Bromance developments, and the Phantom of the Opera masquette you have chosen for the Bro' - How creative you always are!

Get some chicken soup into those bones, girl!

Love you, Fhat Fhi x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...