Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pseudo Empty Nesters Bid Adieu to Robin Hood

There is so much to catch up on! Today we dropped off VC for an extended visit with my parents. We met at roughly the halfway point, which has become our regular "transfer spot." You see, they enjoy having VC for visits sans his annoying parents so they can brainwash him -- kidding. However, they have already hinted that it is not necessary for us to spend the weekend when we come to pick him up next week. Gosh!

In actuality, VC will be there this week so that my dad can help him prepare for his amateur radio license test to qualify for the next level of operator. (I'd tell you what that is, but, as you would expect, I am clueless on such matters. The only Morse Code I know is the dot dot dot dash dash dash .... one.) Can you see that my dorkiness may have been inherited????

Of course, I will miss my compadre. I say this realizing that "we are his disciplinarians, not his friends" - as MB used to like to remind me. Blah, Blah, Blah....spoilsport ;-) That said, I'm not gonna mention which one of us was all teary eyed when he called us two hours later from my parents house (with a question about exterior hard drives) (Hint: the one with the hairy legs and facial hair-- and none of you better guess me!!!)

Here is VC at the meeting spot, bag in hand:


Do you like his ZooYork shirt? We got that in NYC (duh!)

One of the perks of VC staying with my parents is that my mom, who is an excellent seamstress, will be able to create a vest for his Renaissance Festival costume. Yep, VC passed the audition to be a street performer at the festival which begins in a few months. So much costuming to work on. I just finalized the skankilicious costume for my dance class and now I'm onto gathering parts for his costume. Two costumes in a matter of months??? My head is ready to explode!

Here's VC modeling the prototype vest that his friend (who is much older and larger) will be wearing over his puffy shirt (any other Senior Bloggers remember the Seinfeld episode?):
VC's vest will be much shorter with criss cross leather rope lacing it up; kinda like Robin Hood's.

My hand is slowly healing. Thanks for all your concern ;-)

Here's what it looks like with the bruise where the vein opened for some unknown reason:



I personally think it had to do with our "dag blame" mouse, that took 7 clicks to process anything that would normally require one click. MB thinks there is no way the mouse could have caused my injury. Like he is an MD - pfft! (We got a new one this weekend - a mouse without a ball- we are such trendsetters ;-) And there I was scoffing at the ABC news report from last year listing blogger as one of the most hazardous professions, right up there with loggers and Ice Road Truckers! Now I know better!!

(I'll be playing catch-up with your blogs this week, as I gave my hand a rest most of the weekend.)

16 comments:

theselfloveproject said...

actually i know that it can happen as one of my dad's friends had to take 'anti rabies' injection for it...yes...seriously...the ones they give for dog bites..

it can be very serious..

shraddha

Kathie @ my net finds said...

LOL-puffy shirt! that episode was just on last week I think :-)

I hope your hand heals soon!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

ps I meant the rerun of the puffy shirt episode...I do realize Seinfeld has been done for years now ;-)

Lucy said...

Oh, no, your hand is hurt and your boy is gone for the week, that stinks, I mean it is not like the Internet can replace your son but goodness some good surfing was needed to soothe the emptiness.

Well, enjoy some alone time with your husband and heck yourself and rest your hand!

cherie said...

blogging a hazardous profession? oh well, it's always something, isn't it. hey, i hope your hand IS better! looks like your son is off for a goooood time! take it easy!

theselfloveproject said...

thanks for participating in the giveaway..

i meant to introduce it to the regular readers on my monday post...

till now all the traffic was from sweeps stakes sites..

Alicia said...

hope your hands doing better! and i can't wait to see his robin hoode attire and your skankalicious outfit!!

Christine said...

Carma! you should have gotten a photo of his tears! Btw, nice smiley face on the number plate of the car, i had to smile back! Ow in sympathy at your hand, thats just weird! how are the chigger bites?

Rebecca Jo said...

that's gotta be cool though for you baby to go spend time with your mom... those are memories he'll have forever when he's an adult!

And I LOVEEEEEEE everything Seinfield... totally loved the Puffy shirt!

Amanda said...

Can I file a claim with my insurance for all the very stressful and physically and emotionally taxing blogging I have done this year?

No?

Just asking.

You are a brave mommy to be gone from his right hand man duties. Esepcially considering your recent injuries!

Updates are expected. PLease keep on top of that K? I am going to need to know how he is doing at least once a day.

:)

Housewife Savant said...

What'll you do with a week of empty nestiness?

~Kristen~ said...

Hmmm...a week of empty nesting??? Better tell the hubs to put the bromance on hold for now!!! lol

Leproust Vintage said...

Awww he sounds so talented!! I hope you have a fun and relaxing empty nesting week!

As for the puffy shirt.....my husband insists on keeping the Seinfeld boxset on heavy rotation, and that may be one of my favorite episodes!

Yankee Girl said...

Empty nesting, huh?

I hope you have fun!!!

Janna Bee said...

Ugh, sorry about your hand.

You totally have to take a picture of VC with his outfit!!

Yaya said...

Watch out for those mice....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...