Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Post Where I Guilt You into Watching A Video - possible prize involved

Here's the thing. Remember that little two minute video in the last post? (not my SITS video submission- although there is still time to vote for that video here)

Well, I've discovered that a whole 7 people have watched it (the other 8 views were from me :D

I figured I'd provide some back story into how long it took for the video to be made and posted so that I can guilt you into watching it, especially since VC had to edit it not once but twice.

We started making the video on Thursday. I installed a new editing program, and was unable to play back the video in windows Media Player, due to missing all sorts of codec and framework crap. This meant I had to search the web to find the proper programs to download, but apparently they did not work completely.

I figured I'd go ahead and load it onto blogger anyway. The video took hours to load. I had to leave the computer on all night and when I got up at 5:30 on Friday to check on it-- the video was loaded, but there was just one problem: THERE WAS NO AUDIO!! I thought of typing in subtitles, but if I can't get anyone to watch a video without subtitles, lotsa luck putting in subtitles!

So I woke VC up at 7:30 - long before his summer wakeup time of 9:45. I asked him if he could quickly redo the video before I had to leave for work with my laptop. I was finally able to tear him away from watching juggling videos on YouTube long enough to work on re-editing the video. Then I had to leave my laptop on for hours at work while it loaded onto YouTube.

The whole process start to finish was about 17 hours....of course, part of that time was spent loading the video. Anyway, it was a TON of work and while I'm glad that a whole 7 people watched the video, I was hoping for at least 10 viewers, you know, for VC's sake ;-) because I am NOT that sensitive.

Did you notice the digitially altered photo that was on the wall as we were doing the drawing? It is actually a photo of a mixed media project I made of a Victorian Play House that is cute as can be. I printed up several of them on 7 x 9 paper quality stock including the signed border (the image is 5 x 7)- in a "limited edition of 125" - Yeah, real wishful thinking on my part! Well, I've decided to give one away to someone who watches the video and leaves a comment on this post.

***I'd post a video of the actual print, but with all the copyright infringement that goes on with the internets, I've decided not to. You gotta trust me that it is a lovely print***

Please leave a comment on this post of something you heard or saw in the video; and while this is all on the "honor system" - do realize I am able to view video count totals on YouTube *does the finger tip dance like Mr. Burns*

The contest will end sometime.


***giveaway now closed***

16 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

I've spent the same amount of time trying to figure out where/how to vote.
Who's the dummy now?
That'd be me.
That's why I didn't make a video when SITS posted the contest.
Tell me how/where to vote and I will.
As many times as they'll let me.

Housewife Savant said...

Okay, I'm back. I watched both videos again and think I found the answer to life, the universe and everything.
Plus I voted.
(I'm still a dummy.)

Karen said...

Glad to hear the bromance is still going strong and the guys were out having fun while you were making the video....

Janelle said...

Do cheese balls really make a comfortable pillow???

Keep practicing.....you'll get the hang of juggling! :-)

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I could have SWORN I left a comment here! Oh Carma, the fun we've had tonight with this ;-) Ok, I watched it and loved the short shorts and the napoleon tee :-) and I rewatched your fantabulous SITS video (plus I voted when I was told to, I mean asked to, like a good girl). hee hee!

~Kristen~ said...

I did watch it the first time you posted it but after reading what you went through now I feel like I have to go back and watch it on a continuous loop for, like, 17 hours!!! :-)

I enjoyed the part when VC juggled the UTZ container with a couple balls and when you outed the hubs and told the universe he wasn't home because he was pursuing his bromance at the roller rink!!!

angelcel said...

Oops I admit I didn't watch (do I get Brownie points for honesty)? I didn't watch because the prize is something I can't use in my corner of the universe. (You'll note that I am purely reward motivated here).

Well, mission accomplished - you guilted me into watching now. BTW, I noticed that there was a new barrel of cheesy wotsits, ready and waiting on the cabinet top. You are clearly a 'Chain-Munching Cheese Baller'. :)

Melissa B. said...

Magic Cheeseball Container? Woo-Hoo!!!!!! Congrats to Secret Mom! Love the use of juggling to mix it all up...

Maria said...

that's a pretty interesting 20 facts about yourself!! thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed yours tremendously!

Jaime said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my post today! So nice to meet you! Thank you for the $50 Giveaway link :)

Faith- Inspired Designs by Faith said...

I found your blog from SITS and just had to follow. I really enjoyed your blog! I will soon have a place to advertise for FREE on my page so if your interested be sure to check back and watch for when that becomes available!

Blessings
Faith

Joy said...

That was the cutest thing ever! And what a handsome and talented assistant you had!

One thing I remember from the video was that SOMEone was on a date with their bromance...ROFL...

Amanda said...

OH my goodness~

... AM I SECRET MOM???

Did I win???~!?!?!!!

No?

Oh.

Watched your video.

Your too skinny.

And what is with your perfect arms? Do you work out? Cause I just might have to start working out so that I can be like you.

Shawn said...

Well---I have to say that I am officially confused----dazed and confused.

But I watched a video about you picking the person that was winning, right? You had those cutie shorts on and brown tee and your boy did his super juggle with the cheese ball container?

Yeah---thats the one....I guess.

Yaya said...

Good luck! I did watch it and it was great!

Christine said...

i want to know whats in the box that VC bought to the door!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...