Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School in Style

...errrr...not exactly.

Last week I asked VC if he wanted to get his hair cut before going back to school since it is getting pretty shaggy. He typed out that he did not "want to risk it" (He was in the middle of using his anti-cavity rinse - hence the typing.)

Anyway, he is at that age where he is very conscious of things that may make him a "target" - he even passed on a Renaissance promo that would have involved handing out waters to runners at a local triathalon over the weekend, since he would have been doing so in his Renaissance costume and did not want to be recognized by any kids who attended his school.

So you can imagine my dismay when he called to tell me that his nose was bleeding after a diabolo injury. Here's his new Back to School look --->
Think anyone will notice?

20 comments:

cherie said...

whoa! i hope he's all right!

Beth said...

Maybe you should get him a Tap Out shirt and let him pretend to be an Ultimate Fighter.

Housewife Savant said...

He's too cool to be affected (other than the pain). He could dress like Herb Tarlek and still make friends. Plus chicks dig scars.

Tammy Howard said...

I think it will get a lot of squealy concerned "oooooh! What HAPPENED?" sort of stuff that burgeoning nurturers love to dole out. (also? I showed his pic to my 13 y/o and my 11 y/o and they both think he's very cute)

Tammy Howard said...

oooooh! And Savant made a WKRP reference! Awesome!

~Kristen~ said...

Ouch! But even with the scar he is still one handsome kid...and something tells me the girls at school will think that, too....:-)

Karen said...

Ouch!

Dr.John said...

Hey girls like a scar or two and he is cute.

Yankee Girl said...

He'll be okay as long as he has a cool story about how it happened. If I were him I would come up with about 10 different stories and keep people guessing. Girls like a little mystery too.

Rebecca Jo said...

he's still smiling though... that's what I love!

shraddha/april@theselfloveproject said...

aww! its alright!!!

once my face got burned with oil and i had these horrible marks for weeks...but luckily they were superficial and my face got completely cleared!

thank god!

Kristin said...

Owwwwwwww, poor little dude.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

awww, poor guy! :-(
I don't miss adolescence one bit....
he should just make up a story about it ;-)

Laura said...

Ouch, poor guy! I bet if you pull the hair down in front it would maybe cover it all! :)

Elizabeth Marie said...

Awwwww poor guy!!! I hope he's ok!

Lucy said...

Ouch! I bet he will get a lot of, "What happened?" questions from the girls, he will love the attention (lol)

Big Mama Cass said...

Oh my goodness!!

Alicia said...

ouch!! it's cool though....chicks dig scars! and you know what...he still looks handsome!!

Jill of All Trades said...

Uh oh...

A Woman Of No Importance said...

A diabolo injury?! Carma, what kind of mother are you to allow The Boy to indulge in Dangerous Sports...

This would not happen to him were he to be juggling 3 kittens, say, or Bounty napkins, even...

I rest my case! ;) xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...