Monday, July 13, 2009

Three Things You Did Not Know About Me

***I have already divulged much too much about myself and my bowels, so I was hardpressed to come up with an additional Three Things You Did Not Know About Me. A little scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel, but here they are:

1. I have a disturbingly creepy photo of me and Don Ho hugging.


2. I may not appear to be a fashion maven- not by a looooooong shot, but many years ago, I aspired to one day working in a fashion-related field. I am actually a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC. Here is a photo of me and VC outside the hallowed halls on our recent vacation. With my fuzzy sweatshirt, bermuda shorts and MBT clodhoppers, you can tell that I am someone who still takes fashion seriously ;-)

3. My name is on the wall at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in NYC. What's that? Did one of my knock-offs of the masters make it into the their fine collection? Nah, just my name. When we visited the museum, a Slovakian artist named Roman Ondak was working on a performance piece entitled "Measuring the Universe." As part of his project he measured the height of those who wanted their names recorded on the walls. The person's name and date of visit was written at "head height." MB turned around and noticed me and VC in the line. He thought we were crazy to wait, but there was no way I was missing out on being a part of a piece of history *gosh*. Here I am being measured:

and here's my name and date on the wall - you will need to rotate your head to see it correctly. For the life of me I can not get the photo to appear normally in blogger!!!

You will notice that I am the exact same height as Song Dong!

I am not sure if this is a permanent piece or if my name will be painted over before we visit MOMA again. That would be sad :-(




***

MckLinky Blog Hop

28 comments:

a49erfangirl said...

Hopefully they don't paint over it. But what a neat piece of history.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

so cool!

Blue State Cowgirl said...

You are a Don Ho Fangirrrrl. Now that is something I did not know.

Mommyof2girlz said...

Get Out!! I am so jealous your a grad of the Fashion Institute! Happy blog hopping :)

Alicia said...

don ho?! amazing! and i too went to fashion school! i knew i liked you =)

Tammy Howard said...

That's a cool project - and these were really neat facts!

the brown couch said...

Poppin'over from Brown Couch Events
browncouchevetnts.blogspot.com

and Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah

P.S.
You are invited to my Stella & Dot Jewelry Party happening all week at Comfort Joy Designs! Hope to see you there!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Very cool about the art piece.

~Kristen~ said...

That would be very cool if your name stays on the wall! Love the pic of you and Don Ho!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Awwww! How much fun have you had? :) I hope they don't paint over it...what a cool thing it is! :)

shopannies said...

very fun post thanks for sharing

Rebecca Jo said...

I LOVE all three things!!!

Love the "fashion" look in front of the fashion institute... very cool you graduated from there!

I LOVE that idea of the height & name... now if only we could find Slow Dog!

You & Don Ho huh? Looking pretty cozy!! hehe!!

Yankee Girl said...

That's awesome that your name is on the wall at MOMA! So cool!

....now how's that giveaway coming? I know the deadline is approaching and you must be so glad to almost have me off your back!

Amanda said...

Oh dear Carma. Did you ever think that you would be *that close* to Song Dong??? You must still be reeling from that!!

Blessings! ;)
Amanda

Lucy said...

C'mon Carma I want the entire story on Don Ho and you!!!

Pretty neat you on the wall!

C. Beth said...

Song Dong--now that is a fantastic name.

Thanks for the warm welcome to SITS! :)

Tina said...

That's really neat how your name is on the wall. I hope they keep it there for you :)

I have missed your posts, but I'm baaaack!

Just Another Hofeling said...

Fun, and as much as I love fashion I always work with whats more comfortable and kid proof for the most part. I'm thinking spit up and salsa go real nice together.

Just Another Hofeling said...

Fun, and as much as I love fashion I always work with whats more comfortable and kid proof for the most part. I'm thinking spit up and salsa go real nice together.

Dee said...

Ooh when next I visit MOMA Iwill have to see if it's still there.

Melissa B. said...

Ella Numera Dos most CERTAINLY will be jealous...she's a big FIT fan!

Kris said...

That's cool about your name being on the wall. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Carleen said...

Part of MOMA without being an artist? How cool is that?!

JennyMac said...

The MOMA detail is great!

Kristin said...

You are as cool as I thought you were.

Frantic Holly said...

Just hopping by to say Hi and visit your list!

Frantic Holly said...

Just hopping by to say Hi and visit your list!

Sheila said...

Hoppin in to say hi!

http://runninlateagain.blogspot.com/2009/07/mcklinky-blog-hop-3-things.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...