Friday, July 17, 2009

My First Etsy Purchase!

One of the cool things about having a blog, besides humiliating family members and winning prizes, is the opportunity to give a public thank you when someone goes above and beyond.

A few weeks ago, I made my first Etsy purchase ever!! You are probably wondering what took me so long....Me, too! I am soooo behind on this bandwagon....

I've been ordering from ebay and have gotten burned not once, but twice, most recently when I ordered my belly dancing skirt. [Long story short. The skirt will not be arriving. I came back from vacation to discover that the seller was no longer a registered ebay seller. She failed to send me anything and paypal refunded my money.]

So, I decided it was about time I tried Etsy.

The item I ordered was a "circlet" - which looks like this:
No belly dancing outfit would be complete without fancy headgear and this is what I decided would be appropriate and elegant. Since the look is tribal, there is a lot of mix and match involved.

I ordered the circlet shown above from a store called Venus in Chains. It was handmade by the owner, Victoria. When the circlet arrived, I tried it on and noticed that it was a bit too loose for my head (even when on the tightest link). I guess my head is smaller than my family seems to think! I figured I could somehow pin it together in the back to tighten it so that it wouldn't slip down over my nose during the performance.

I was going to leave it at that - but after I got back from my trip, I decided I would really like it to fit perfectly, so I contacted Victoria and her utmost concern was that I was 100% satisfied. She offered that I could send it back to her and she would readjust it and Priority Mail it back to me. Luckily I have time before the performance since I didn't want her to have to pay to use Priority Mail. I sent it back to her, and she adjusted it. When I checked the mail yesterday, I noticed the package had arrived back.

The circlet was adjusted so that it fell at the correct spot on my forehead. (You'll see the final result when I take some photos of my ensemble at the dress rehearsal. Besides I still need to figure out what to do with The Bangs! Why didn't I anticipate this BEFORE I got The Bangs??)


Along with the readjusted circlet, Victoria also included a surprise for me. So sweet!

All I can say is that Victoria made my first Etsy purchase a delightful experience!

If you are ever in need of a circlet or elegant jewelry and chainmaille for you or your little princess, please visit Victoria's shop.*

*I did not receive any compensation for this review nor did the seller know I would be writing a review. I am just a very satisfied customer :-)

15 comments:

Tammy Howard said...

I love it when a seller goes above and beyond! Great endorsement! (pretty bling, too!)

Trenches of Mommyhood said...

Hey! Congrats - you won both Sullivans Island books off my review blog! Contact me at sarahviz@yahoo.com with your mailing address!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I love Etsy and almost every seller I've dealt with has been awesome! I've been burned a few times on Ebay now (both as a buyer and a seller) and I'm getting tired of it.
I need to post that as well when I talk about Etsy...I don't get any compensation, I just do it to be supportive & because i love Etsy!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

It is nice to hear about a good experience purchasing online. It is beautiful.

Lucy said...

Glad it all worked out!
Can't wait to see your outfit!!! or costume!!Not sure which is the correct term?

Aleta said...

Wow - how nice of her to make the adjustments for you. That's when someone truly cares about their work. And, how nice of you to blog about it!

Rebecca Jo said...

Dang - sorry that turned out a mess on Ebay for your outfit!

LOVE this purchase though - how cute!! It will totally compliment your belly dancing extravangaza!!! When is this? I'm excited to hear all about it!

I love you all do out of the ordinary stuff - juggling - belly dancing - cheese puffs! You're great!

~Kristen~ said...

I love Etsy!!! I have always had good experiences. And I feel good knowing I am supporting other artists and buying handmade!

Kristin said...

You are going to be one hot mama!

nikkicrumpet said...

I have had the best time shopping ETSY and I can honestly say everything I've purchased has been wonderful. There are some amazingly talented people out there! I'm glad you had a great experience too! I've missed you...just had to stop in and say "HI"!

Joy said...

I think Etsy is such a nice community of sellers. I love buying on Etsy and have always had a good experience. Much nicer than eBay.

Tina said...

Etsy is a wonderful place to shop and I have yet to have a problem on there. That is some beautiful head gear you got yourself, and I can't wait to see the pics!

Amanda said...

WoW!! That is super neat and I am glad that you did not get hosed.

Cause then I would have to get all snotty with Victoria and probably fight her and, well, that wouldn't be pretty so YEAH!

God bless-
Amanda

Anti-Supermom said...

I have yet to purchase anything from Etsy either. My reasons are more about being poor and cheap than not wanting to though :)

BrnEyedGal said...

Yeah Etsy is great isn't it? All three of the reviews I have done were from Etsy folks...they are really talented.

I love the headgear...gorgeous!!! And as for the bangs, just blend em in with your hair and to the side. (If you can.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...