Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm Back!

You may not have even realized I was gone...that's because ever since I read about this guy who tweeted about his vacation and came home to find his place had been burglarized, I figured I'd better not chance it, even though we don't even own an HDTV. A break-in at our place would be very disappointing for any burglars involved.

After being stuck on the tarmac for three hours today before taking off- a day that involved a subway ride to a bus to a plane to a shuttle bus to a truck ride home, my head is throbbing and my stomach queasy so I'll get up to speed with everyone's blogs tomorrow. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I'm looking forward to catching up with you.

Oh, and you may have noticed my first blog comment from IRAQ (hear that Blue State?). It is true. J.P. left me a comment from Baghdad. He is a very special guy who is proudly serving our country in Iraq. Thanks J.P.!!!

And I just wanted to leave you with a few pictures of our trip so you get an idea of where we went and some of the sights we saw.

Keeping with the tradition of posting weird eye photos from our trips- (you may recall this one from our previous trip):


I've now got a new one from this trip.


****Warning: NSFW drawing to follow****

We took in lots of cultural sights, some with priceless artwork. Bet you never saw a "pee pee" hat in a museum before! Neither had I, up until now, that is! Color me impressed!

If hearing about other people's vacations doesn't bore you to death, I'll be posting some more pics and commentary in upcoming posts. And now off to regroup. Things always get stressful the minute we arrive home. First MB left his backpack on the airport shuttle bus *ACK* and then I later overheard the following: "I wasn't cursing, it's just the thing is so Damn heavy" within minutes of arriving at the house. I always like it when people say they are not cursing and use a curse word when saying they are not cursing!!

Pee Pee hats and cursing aside for now, I'm off to try to get some shut-eye since I will be working tomorrow. Miss you guys!!!!


P.S. Is anyone else having a problem with blogger not posting pre-scheduled posts? I pre-scheduled several and they did not post automatically :-(

P.P.S. Did anyone happen to see us on the Today Show this morning (Thursday) around 8:40 am???? Orange juggling balls were involved!

18 comments:

Alicia said...

pee pee hat?! lol...love it!! and i'm digging the weird eye pics... glad you're back!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I did notice! I was just thinking how I hadn't gotten any comments from ya lately! You've been missed! I did see some other people have had problems with scheduled posts....I better go check mine out now. love the weird eye pics!

Amanda said...

Well, the penis hat was bordering on vulgar for me. But I will mkae a mental note to FULLY read desriptive words before looking at pictures in the future! :)

Glad you are all back safe and sound. Glad your home is still there.

SOOOO, So glad I have not begun twittering. I would SO be the idiot who gets robbed.

Blessings!
Amanda

Tammy Howard said...

Glad you're back and can't wait to hear about your trip.

Pee pee hat. Hee hee.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Glad you are back. Looking forward to reading about the trip. With a penis hat as the preview how can it not be good?

Karen said...

I've been having the same problem! Darn Blogger...

Joy said...

Carma, I didn't post about leaving for a two-day trip to Kings' Island {amusement park in Ohio} recently because I was paranoid about someone hunting down my house and stealing things like my amazing costume jewelry, 20-year old wedding gown, and Payless shoe collection. ;o)

Jill of All Trades said...

Glad to have you back.

Yankee Girl said...

If people broke into my house they might be able to get some good stuff. If they stole my purse, that's another story. I actually want someone to steal it and then try to use a credit card or get money out of my bank only to find out that my cards are maxed out and that my bank account in pathetic!

And those pictures are hilarious!

~Kristen~ said...

I was wondering where you were, but totally understand why you wouldn't want to post about it. You all must have had a fabulous time in NYC!!! It is such a great city...not as great as Boston, of course, but I am biased! lol And the penis hat?!? O.M.G.!!! Tooo frickin funny!!!!! I so need to show that to a bunch of my friends!!! So, did Al Roker talk to you all at the Today show?!

Rebecca Jo said...

YIPEE - your back!!! my dad pointed that out to me about that guy who blogged about his vacation - my father warned me to NEVER tell anyone I was leaving.. sad thing- I dont ever leave for vacation - so no worries!

Lucy said...

I figured you were away on a vacation, well, I was hoping that was the reason:)

Blogger did the same to me once, the only time I tried, I thought it was me, I haven't tried since.

Missed you on the Today Show, darn.

Mommyof2girlz said...

So glad your back, but sorry about the queasy tummy ;(
Great now visions of pee pee hats will be dancing in my head tonight...lol

Blue State Cowgirl said...

Maybe I missed something, but WHERE did you vacation? Or is it a Cheney-like "undisclosed location"? Hopefully, you weren't allowing MB to "hike the Appalachian Trail". We all know where that leads. Straight to Argentina!

And congrats on your first Iraq-based fan. I've had a few from Afghanistan but haven't cracked the Baghdad "market". I'm still NUMBER ONE IN ALBANIA!

BrnEyedGal said...

That is too funny Carma....LOL

Im so glad you had a good time but also that your back...Can I be glad for both??? :)

Happy 4th...

Deb said...

Hi, visiting from A Daily Dose. And yes, Toni had prescheduled my guest post and it did not go up automatically. I felt bad emailing her about it on her vaca, so I'm glad you liked the post!

Also totally with you on not telling the Internet when you'll be out of town. I put a lot out there, but try to keep to posting our whereabouts only after the fact.

Mimi said...

Stopping by from SITS to say HI & I'm glad I did. The penis hat totally rocks!

Janna Bee said...

That is totally me to curse when I am saying I am not cursing. Glad you are back!

I love the drawing of the Penis Hat, although I don't think it will ever make it into fashion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...