Saturday, July 11, 2009

China Buffet - The Aftermath

Since so many of you expressed an interest in our visit to the China Buffet, I felt compelled to elaborate further (that'll teach you to express an interest! Oh, or were you just reciprocating comments; errrr nevermind....)

I'm happy to report that my stomach (and bowels) have emerged unscathed, but one of the things I learned is that hot mustard does NOT work well as a salad dressing. This was due to the hot mustard being in a bowl that was grouped with the salad dressings - Ranch, Thousand Island, Mustard etc. It was in the exact same size bowl - with salad dressing ladle. I thought it was Honey Mustard dressing. That was so not the case! (Why would they possibly need to put out what appeared to be almost a quart of hot mustard?) Naturally, I felt that I had to point out my error to the waitress (remember my little problem?) so she wouldn't think I was a food waster. She didn't appear to understand what I said and then exclaimed with a sly grin, "You put hot mustard on your salad!" and looked at me like I was first person to ever have made this mistake!

Second lesson I learned, do NOT eat pizza that at a Chinese buffet. Said pizza was so greasy it practically slithered off my plate. Pizza at at Chinese Buffet you ask? Yep, also french fries, jello and softserve ice cream. All well known Chinese entrees.

Which brings me to my third lesson: Keep an eye on your kids' plates lest they only eat crap and avoid all vegetables (aside from potatoes and Duck sauce).

Lastly, when going with husband to Chinese Buffet, sit at a different table so when the waitress comes by with the bill aka "hint that it is time to go" - you will not be associated with him when he continues to have 4 more plates of food, even after the "is everything OK?" aka second hint from demure Chinese waitress.

Remember, if you express an interest in any of my further eating adventures, be prepared for a follow-up post ;-)

22 comments:

Yankee Girl said...

My husband does the same thing at the Chinese Buffet. He eats until he is uncomfortably full, annoying the staff as well as me! He says he's being economical.

Whoo Murderboner sticker!

Rebecca Jo said...

you crack me up!!!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

LOL

Tammy Howard said...

Trying to remember if I eat vegetables at the Chinese buffet... I know I don't eat pizza, though. I definitely know that. But vegetables??? Hmmmm....

Blue State Cowgirl said...

Hmmm. Didn't MB just win the Weight Loss Challenge at his workplace? He's undoing all that work at the Chinese Buffet.

Joy said...

Pizza. As part of a Chinese buffet. Only in America.

~Kristen~ said...

Had to laugh at the hot mustard on the salad. Had to gag at the thought of greasy pizza at Chinese buffet! :-)

TanishaRenee said...

OMGosh, this is so funny! Just popped by to let you know that you've won my Shower Yourself Beautiful giveaway!!! If you email me your addy, I'll get your products out to you. Congrats!!

Lucy said...

Glad your BOWELS are o.k., but what the heck kind of Chinese Buffet did you go to?? That is all I'm saying, well, no, I have to add, PIZZA????

Amanda said...

I bet your husbands belly was HUGE.

As in BIG.

As in, I would need a whole page of a yearbook just to talk about his stomach.

Or something.

blessings!
Amanda

BrnEyedGal said...

Oh Carma....LOL.
Im laughing with you...not at you!!! I have been to my share of the ole' chinese restaurants as well. (They aren't exactly the healthiest places to eat are they???)
It is funny that you see all kinds of crazy dishes that have no relation to chinese food AT ALL!! hee

Alicia said...

my bowels hurt just reading this! hot mustard and greasy pizza....oh no

angelcel said...

Hehe...this reminds me of a similar experience when I mistook English blow-your-head-off mustard for mayonnaise. (Like you, I put it down to the size of serving dish). That was the most interesting burger I've ever had and my first bite nearly made me the first woman to make it, unaided, into outer space! :D

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Oh you know you weren't the first person to do that! Poor Carma's tummy. :(

I have my own rule about china buffets... don't go to them.

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

Stopping by from SITS!! Happy Monday!!

Yankee Girl said...

Since there isn't a new post for today yet I thought I'd blog stalk you on this one.

So many people are hoping a win those stickers! Including me!

Morgan said...

Thanks for stopping by the818. This made me laugh out loud!

Melissa B. said...

Sounds like the restaurant is trying to lure folks with all kinds of palates...but Chinese mustard on salad? Eeeeeeewwww....

Yaya said...

Haha! Only you would put hot mustard on your salad! ;)

What creeps me out at those buffets are the crab legs. I'm like...uhhh...soo...how long have those crab legs been cooking under the buffet lamp?? That's what makes ppl sick.

PS I can't find me a large tub of cheese balls. :( :( wah!!!!! Our BJ's stopped carrying them, I even asked.

Chrissy said...

Stopping by from SITS!! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Dee said...

Hmm never been to Chinese Buffet.

Another SITS girl here.

Christina said...

Luckily Daddy doesn't like Chinese so I only dine their with my girlfriends. I doubt any of them would gorge themselves at the buffet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...