Monday, June 22, 2009

Times are Getting Desperate

photo credit lovely petal


...when someone steals content from Carma Sez blog!! You heard me right, not Dooce or Perez Hilton or Huffington Post, but Carma Sez blog!

I consider myself lucky to have people who even want to READ my blog, let alone steal content from my blog. So, it was with great surprise when I checked my Google Alerts the other day and discovered someone had done just that. (BTW, if you have not yet set up a Google Alert for your blog name, I recommend doing so. You will find all sorts of useful info.)

The post that sparked the stealing was none other than this post about the Keurig brewer. My content appears on a coffee lovers site, but the interesting thing is that it has been re-worded with the help of a computer program, so that it comes out sounding like a freakishly haughty professor is speaking- oh, and he is evidently on drugs and incoherent.

For example, here are my original opening paragraphs:

"Is anyone else feeling that blog contests have "jumped the shark?" Or does "Jump the Shark" only apply to TV shows? Well, I'm going to use it anyway just to illustrate my point.

A while back, I came across one for a Keurig coffee maker giveaway that had over 2,000 entries. Two thousand entries for a coffee maker!! I didn't even bother to leave a comment."


and now, here's the re-worded paragraph:
Is anyone else passion that blog contests bring into the fantastic “jumped the shark?” Or does “Jump the Shark” solely notice over to TV shows? Well, I’m current to put it anyway justifiable to illuminate my promontory. A while behindhand, I came across joined seeing that a Keurig coffee maker giveaway that had one more occasion 2,000 entries. Two thousand entries seeing that a coffee maker!!

...and the blog post goes on to get even more bizarre..

At least my name appeared in the title, so I got credit for the poorly re-worded post, making me look like a complete imbecile! More of an imbecile than I normally appear to be!

I'm going to do a little test and use the words Keurig coffee maker, coffee, and coffee brewer to see if this new post will now appear on the blog in re-worded form. bwwwaaaahhhhaaa *evil grin* Don't Mess with Carma Sez!

24 comments:

Beth said...

The reworded paragraph sounds like someone who wants to throw big words around with little regard as to how they land.

I'm going to go sign up for google alerts now! How weird!

Lucy said...

That is bizarre, all the way around. What is the point!

Rebecca Jo said...

Everyone's just jealous! They want to be like you! :)

I gotta check out Google alert... never looked at that...

~Kristen~ said...

Completely bizarre!!! It would be cool if they hadn't re-worded it in such a weird way.

Now I am debating if I want to sign up for the Google alerts...I am afraid of what might pop up!!!

Janna Bee said...

That is incredibly strange! It must be someone for whom english is a second language!

Going to check out google alert now....

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Thanks for the tip on google alert. The reworded post is almost incomprehensible. I had a question for you. How do you get the content for shorten for your blogger followers so they click through? I'd love to know.

Christine said...

Omg Carma, KILLL THEMMMMMM KILLLL THEMMMMM!!!! Wait wait LEMME ATTEMMM!!!

How dare they do that!!! I'm sick and tired of dumb people stealing from Blogs, its such bull.

We Love You Carma!!

Mark said...

So you mean to tell me that those weirdly worded emails that offer me a Nigerian Billion or the hand of a Princess in marriage are actually stolen from some poor unsuspecting blogger?

(army)Wife said...

I don't think I'd want my name attached to that paragraph! That is just horrible. I have no idea what it means. They should have just stuck with stealing your content. It may have been wrong, but at least everyone would have looked smarted.

Karen said...

The nerve of some people...

Kathie @ my net finds said...

wow, what the heck?! makes me want to sign up for google alerts!

angelcel said...

That is bizarre. It really reads like a translation from another language...and yet both are in English. I'm confused! O.o

Alicia said...

you're just that amazing!! we all want to be you...=)

Amanda said...

Wow! That is COO-COO. Who on earth would so such things?? Uh. LOTs of people I take it.

Well, I would just say, way to be steal worthy!!

God bless-
Amanda

Amanda said...

FYI I just set up a google alert... I had no idea!!

Thanks lady.

God bless-
Amand

Tammy Howard said...

I don't have google alert - can't imagine anyone stealing anything I had to say, but jeezo-peezo! To steal it and then fark it up like that - yikes!

Kristin said...

So weird. Isn't imitation supposed to be flattery? ah ha ha ha

Jen said...

Wow that's weird. I'm going to have to check out google alerts. I have never heard of that.

Thanks for following! :)

rightonmom said...

First identity theft, now your blog content...geez. Kind of flattering, but not really. Hope it gets resolved! Thanks for the google alert tip too!

Blue State Cowgirl said...

I think these things are computer generated and often computer translated for the English as a Second Language set. At least once a week, I get content stolen and mangled and put on strange compendium websites such as "All About Lampshades" (even though I've never written about lampshades --ever!) But we Carma fans know not to accept content that is unmarked by cheesy powdered fingerprints. So we are alert to imposters.

Debbie said...

How weird! I do have that google alert set up. Haven't found anything yet, but I know they miss alot.

Christina said...

Good grief... Please stick with the small words Carma. I had to reread the professor version and I'm still not sure I know what it said.

I swear I was awake during all those school and college courses!

PS... word verify...
"butomyo"
Is that like spanish for my butt?

Liz at Buffalo said...

I've just added the awesome word "behindhand" to my vocabulary.

Seriously though, this has robots + online translation tools written all over it.

BIBI said...

Okay! That is just wrong on all accounts. And they say that computers are smart. I guess that they are just programmed by dumb people.

That reworded paragraph sounded like someone was trying to use words that they didn't know cause English is not their language.

Kudos to you Carma! I will try out the Goggle alert program. Thanks for the heads up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...