Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me! Monday



After a short NMM hiatus, I'm back with a new one.

This week, I did NOT finally hear from the attorney who will be attempting to get my speeding ticket reduced in court on Wednesday. He has NOT been shrouded in silence to the point that I was NOT sure I would have to go to meet with the DA myself. My 24 year driving record was NOT clean save for this "small transgression." (grumble grumble)

The Belly Dance DVD that I ordered did NOT arrive. It did NOT not take me long to realize that my arms are incredibly weak. I did NOT not realize that it would be that difficult to hold my arms out to my side for an extended period of time. I am NOT now thinking that I need to look like this in order to hold the poses:

I did NOT tell MB that when he jumps off the diving board into the pool, that he does NOT resemble an Olympic diver. I did NOT compare his splash to that of the tiny splash left by a pro diver upon hitting the water.

In reality, his splash did NOT clear everybody within 20 feet of the pool...(you do NOT have to imagine what the splash looked like)

I did NOT use No Frizz again yesterday. I blew my hair straight and was NOT amazed yet again by the smooth and silky results. There is NOT still time to enter the giveaway (ends tonight)...

I have NOT begun planning a trip to NYC!


P.S. [This is written in real speak, not NOT Me! Speak]: VOTING UPDATE: Outlook Bleak.
Someone joined at the 11th hour and is now getting over 800 votes a day. Who can compete with that? He is now leading with a wide margin. I'll admit I'm more than a little bummed. Not ready to throw in the towel yet, though. ....*sulks in corner* If you can continue to vote, that would awesome (NMM'ers - I'd be grateful if you could add some votes, too)


Sidenote: I have NOT discovered that contests where there is a running tally are NOT a good idea for someone with occasional obsessive compulsive tendencies. I will NOT be careful to avoid such contests in the future....



14 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I love the diving shot. Great not me's. And I'm still voting for you.

Kristin said...

Still voting. And I did NOT get three hours of sleep because the dude is back to his newborn days and getting up every couple of hours. Ahhhhhhhh.

Suburbia Steph said...

LOL...the pic of the guy going sideways into the pool is hilarious!

Christine said...

still voting!!

tell your hubby that its "falling with style" (see toy story 1 for the referance)

you have the best Not Mes :P

Janna Bee said...

NYC- how fun! I will go vote- (What am I woting for? I am catching up on your blogs right now)

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Oh, my head hurts now. That was like pig latin for sulky grown-ups.

mykidsmomx4 said...

Love your not me's and especially loved that diving picture!

Thanks for sharing!

beautyinallthings said...

I loved your NMM! That dive looks painful though!

~Kristen~ said...

Love you NMM! And I voted again! We shall keep trying!!!

Valerie said...

Just hopped over from the Welcomistas and gave Austin 5 votes. Hope he wins!!

Lucy said...

I voted bright and early this morning!

Loved the guy falling into the pool:)

Oh Boy...Oh Boy...Oh Boy said...

booo for the last minute guy getting all the votes. i'm still gonna go head over to vote.
my littest man was just in a contest (that i entered him in obviously) and was blog beggin too.

http://lisanoel03.blogspot.com/2009/05/not-me-monday-6-1-09.html

Yaya said...

I love NYC!

And I have the best hair straightener-T3 tourmaline wet to dry-it straightens as it dries!

Dejoni said...

Great diving shot...I agree, it's not very, err..graceful. LOL!
Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day!
http://southernfriedmomma.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...