Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Miscellaneous Claptrap

It would be nice if I didn't always have to preface everything I say with the words "And Don't Freak Out." I find myself saying that a lot lately. I'm not the most patient person, but living with someone who has absolutely zero patience makes me look like the Dalai Lama. No kidding.

This morning I was swishing mouthwash around while getting packed for the pool. VC asked me a question at which point I realized I had just swallowed the mouthwash. Focus. Danielson. Focus.

I've been slowly piecing together my bellydance costume from different ebay sites. Some hits. Some misses. Another class member spent $150 on the bra top alone...Hoping that I won't look like some rag tag outcast bellydancer dragged in off the street. I may.

Magic Shell has 16 grams of fat per two tablespoon serving. That's a lot. Someone tweeted about a new study that concluded that people who are a little overweight at age 40 live 6 to 7 years longer than very thin people, who lived the shortest. I'll have some more Magic Shell. Thanks. Imagine all the brilliant blog posts I could concoct if I was to live an extra 7 years?

Speaking of living extra years, have you read this article about the baby who has barely aged in 16 years. Simply amazing. It could hold the key to the Fountain of Youth....In the meantime, focus on becoming a little overweight- at least it'll buy you 7 years.

22 comments:

Janna Bee said...

Whatever you need to tell yourself to keep eating that magic shell!

The other day I went to baskin robbins and ordered ice cream I THOUGHT was low fat. It was suspciously delicious. It wasn't low fat, just in the low fat section. False advertising! Just thought I'd share.

What do the studies say about those that are moderately overweight?

Rebecca Jo said...

First of all - that's crazy creepy about that little girl!!!! I've got to remember to tape 20/20 about her!!!

Second - OK - if I'm DOUBLE over weight, does that mean I'll live 14 years longer? :) Any excuse to keep eating junk!!!

Did the mouth wash feel like you were swallowing fire? I let out a loud "OWWWW" when I read that!

~Kristen~ said...

Ah yes! You have given me yet another way to rationalize my "fluffiness!!!" :-)

Blue State Cowgirl said...

Don't give in to Consumerist pressure! I think you should go as the Hobo Bellydancer. Very appropriate for these economic times.

nikkicrumpet said...

HOLY COW....then with my WAAAAAY WAAAAAAY more than 7 excess pounds....I'm calculating that I should live to be 782!!! Whoa...I'm gonna need more blog space!!!!

Alicia said...

wow. that was crazy! i just read her story....i'm not sure how i feel about that!! and magic shell is delicious!! mmmmm

Suburbia Steph said...

Damn. I guess I'm gonna live forever!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Oh my dear. So can I naturally assume that the fatter I get the longer I will live? Makes sense to me. Scoop up another bowl-o-ice cream my dear, I am coming over!

Blessings-
Amanda

Yaya said...

Really? Fat people live longer? Huh.

Yankee Girl said...

I just read the story of the girl. I feel sad for her that in 16 years she hasn't experienced a childhood. Or all of the other fabulous (and slightly horrific) things that come with growing up.

To make myself feel better I'm gonna have some Magic Shell!

Mommy24cs said...

We go through about 2 bottles of magic shell a week in our family. That is some good stuff lol.

Tammy Howard said...

I'm gonna live forEVER!!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I going to leave an extra 7 years. Woo hoo. I just I can stop dieting. Now if I only looked better in swimsuit.

Jen said...

I think I need to get me some Magic Shell too.

Beth said...

In honor of the little overweight aspect, I'm going to go make a coffee milkshake! And now I can say I'm doing it for my health. How awesome!

angelcel said...

That's all the exuse *I* need! :D

Joy said...

Carma, that link has me freaked out a little but I'm going to read about it anyway. Cause I like getting myself freaked out.

p.s. send me your address and I'll send you a set of alphabet rubber stamps! WOOT!

Melissa B. said...

16 grams of fat? Belly dancing? Hard to imagine the 2 topics in the same post, but there you have it. Guess that's the nature of a Micellaneous Claptrap post, huh? Savoring the juxtaposition, is all I'm saying. You're, coincidentally, right after moi in the SITS Roll Call this a.m. Glad to see a Bloggy Friend!

Debbie said...

I love that magic shell stuff! It's fun and yummy.

Jen said...

Sounds good to me:)Your profile says that you know a lot of useless facts. I love reading useless facts, have you ever done a post that lists them?

rosy said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post “Miscellaneous Claptrap" to our Directory of Credit Cards. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

Credit car-d Team

http://www.creditca-rd.info

Christina said...

I knew I was buying Magic Shell for a reason!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...