Monday, June 15, 2009

MiNdLess Monday Musings


Well, my "on the road" luck has finally taken a turn for the better. Yesterday I was driving home from purchasing a black bra at upscale retailer Kohl's (details to follow) when a car ran a red light and practically T-boned my car. Luckily I was able to accelerate in time and avoid the accident outlined above. I was due some good luck in this area!
Would you believe the attorney handling my speeding citation never even bothered to call me after he went to court? He answered absolutely zero phone calls throughout the whole process. And I only placed 3!!! Evidently the money he was earning for basically doing something I could have done on my own (talk to the DA) did not include return phone calls. Turd. It's been over a week and a half, so I will need to get in touch with his receptionist, the only one at the firm who actually talks on the phone.



Ah, where was I- the black bra. I have decided to order and sew the antique coins on the bra myself to save some buckeroos. In case you are worried that I will be dancing around in a bra looking like a skank- au contraire! The bra is commonly worn over a small top called a choli. I will be sure to show ample cleavage, though. Well, "ample for me" cleavage!


Someone who will no longer be striving for cleavage So you've probably all read the news about Chastity Bono beginning to transition to a guy. It really wasn't all that 'shocking.' What I thought was a little odd though, was how the news shows were already referring to her as "him" as they flashed her childhood photos. I thought there was a certain point when the "she" becomes a "he" and that's when she would be referred to as "him." Anyone else a little weirded out by that? Seems a little premature, but what do I know? Him. Her. whatever....

I've come to the conclusion that my son would rather starve than be bothered to take time to make a sandwich. It was one o'clock and he still hadn't eaten anything yesterday. So, who broke down and made the sandwich you ask? That would be me, the pushover.

Oh, and I have a question for you. I recently won some Lancome Magnifique perfume. I normally don't wear perfume, but since I won it, I figured I'd try it out. I spritzed some on and I gotta say, I feel like I may be going around smelling like old lady perfume. Do you know of anyone under age 75 who wears this perfume? If you were to smell the scent while walking around a corner, would you expect to find a senior citizen around the bend?

I did some research and discovered this description: "The fragrance celebrates her vibrant femininity, her joie de vivre. Infused with the spicy impertinence of saffron, the warmth of roses and the smoky embrace of exotic nagarmot wood." Nagarmot wood? Is that one of those pretend woods? But now I see from further research that Anne Hathaway is the "face" of the product. This is encouraging!


And here's another review: "It isn't skanky, exactly, and niche-hound perfumistas might not be impressed, but to my nose it is pretty daring for a mainstream department store cosmetic brand, and considerably more so than some of the other feminine wood scents we've seen lately..."

Well, that's all good and well because I said earlier that I do not look skanky in my black bra...

But now I that I read this comment from "anonymous" I'm rethinking it yet again:

If I've read about the target market, I've forgotten, but I'd be very surprised if they were aiming any younger than that just based on the smell. It doesn't smell “young”.

Anonymous
Posted on 29 July 2008

Take a look at the fancy bottle!

I will need to wait another week before trying it again since my father is coming to visit and with his allergies he will freak if I wear anything even remotely scented. In the meantime, I'd love to hear your input...old lady or Anne Hathaway?

***If you are interested in a follow up to the April Rose story I wrote about on Saturday, check out this link. There is a video that features popular blogger MckMama and feelings about the hoax. Becca has also posted a "sorry" message on her blog.***

21 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I noticed the "him" reference to Chastity as well when I read it and I found it odd too...I figured they'd wait until it as all said and done. I've never heard of that perfume and I'm not an expert on marketing, but it seems like they are targeting a young audience (well, not young as in Miley Cyrus fans or anything like that)by using Anne Hathaway for the spokesperson/model. I'll have to smell a sample sometime! :-)

GEMMERZZ said...

Ugh, I often freak out in the car in situations like that! A few years back, I was T-boned with 3 of my nieces/nephews in the car with me and I chose NOT to speed up because the car would have swiped the rear end of the car and the kids were all sitting in the back. So I let the car hit my side AS I WATCHED. Somewhat traumatic, you think? So now I have a tendency to freeze. Not real good.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

p.s. I have an award for you on today's post on my blog!

Isabel Princes said...

I love your blog! (And your name). I think it's an aquarius thing. You have a new follower after visiting from SITS

Kristin said...

I have this crazy fear about being hit while the baby is in the car. Ahhhhhh. Glad you're ok! Are you going to post pics soon of your skankified bra??

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Glad your luck on the road is changing.

~Kristen~ said...

Wow! Glad your luck on the road changed at just the right time! Be safe...I enjoy reading your blog too much!!! :-)

Tammy Howard said...

I'm not positive on the etiquette, but I believe with transgendered individuals it is considered kosher to refer to them by the pronoun they're identifying with. If Chastity is identifying male (which is obviously the case, since such a decision would not be made lightly) then "he" would indeed be the correct pronoun, regardless of where s/he actually physically is in the process.

Yaya said...

Lol at old lady perfume! I don't "do" perfume, so I wouldn't have any idea what this smells like.

I love this post. It follows my train of thought exactly! black bra...wait, this...black bra...wait, that...black bra

Brilliant!

Amanda said...

Well. Huh. Huuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm.
Yup.

I got nothin.

As far as April Sunshine or Dusty Rose or Sunshine shooting out my Behind or whatever her name is...well... she said she was sorry. I guess thats enough for me.

SOOOOO sorry you were almost hit but YEAH for being awesome defensive driver!!!

Do you get awards for not getting in car accidents even when people come out of no where and its totally their fault?

Oh yeah.

Living to tell about it.

Blessings!
Amanda

Rebecca Jo said...

I noticed they were on that "him" kick about CHAZ... so bizarre...

& I never smelt the "old woman" perfume - but know exactly that sort of smell...

Seraphim said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I'm new to SITS and still figuring out how it works! (I'm a bit slow like that!) Your blog is so funny to read. I love your sense of humour! x

Alicia said...

Congrats on the skank bra!! Thats funny! And the whole he-she thing just boggles my mind....best of luck to her..him..

Fred G. said...

It's important to not look skanky in a black bra. Many women have tried, few have pulled it off. Congratulations.

Catherine Holman said...

Great blog! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment!
Catherine

Christina said...

My kids have to be forced to eat or they will just skip it... better things to do you know.

Passion & White Diamonds both remind me of old lady scents so I understand what you mean.

BrnEyedGal said...

Im so glad I have you to feed me all of the "current news" Carma!!! Thanks, LOL.

As for the perfume...I am very picky when it comes to smells so I have never tried it. But I LOVE Anne Hathaway.... :)

A Woman Of No Importance said...

From experience of working with a transgender person, who wanted to be Charlie the chap just as soon as the process of hormone enrichment had begun, and well-pre-surgery...

I think the process and ops themselves can take so long, for they are very challenging, dare I say, drastic, that he was set on the path, he wanted to be living convincingly as a man...

Great idea about the bra, Carma - Antique coins - Wow! You are going to be fabulous, in spite of the perfume! I quite like some of Lancome's perfumes, but have never tried Magnifique, so would not dare to enter this debate, my dahlink! Sorry to hear about the car troubles... Thinking of you, as ever... x

Jillian said...

I wasn't a follow of April Rose, however I did check in every once in a while.. and something was weird to me from the beginning.. guess I was right (for once - HA!).
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment .. appreciate the love!

Lucy said...

Wow, my google reader did not post this up yesterday, weird?

Anyways, I am sooo glad you are making your dancing costume, hope you post a picture, you know you have to.

I would have made the sandwich too and my kids know it so they wait, suspecting that was what was going on with your guy too:)

(army)Wife said...

So glad you didn't get t-boned! That would have royally sucked!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...