Sunday, May 17, 2009

You'll Never Guess What I Did - Read the Meme to Find Out

Two Pretty Little Skirts nominated me to complete this fun meme:

Rules of the meme. Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 6 people (again, I'm going to leave this open to whoever wants to participate- please let me know if you do!)

1. What are your current obsessions? Twitter, blogging and entering to win giveaways (trying desperately to ease up on the latter)
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? My Colorado Clothing Zipper hoodie. It is so soft and comfy and I’m always cold.
3. Last dream you had? That I went to the bathroom and my toilet was missing. Minutes later it was replaced by a much larger toilet that would rise in the air when you sat on it; I was thinking my parents may have splurged on a champion 4 for us (seriously)
4. Last thing you bought? Oh, that would be my um my new belly button piercing – day-um- I got brave! (photos to come) *fyi - this is not related to my new "class" - been wanting to do it for years!
5. What are you listening to? Jason Mraz & Muse
6. What is your favorite color? Lime Green
7. Favorite holiday spots? Hands down, Charleston, SC, Raleigh and Asheville, NC fun to visit, too.
8. Reading right now? The Help
9. Four words to describe yourself. Neurotic Ball of nerves LOL
10. Guilty pleasure? Watching Dateline “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH” (my best Keith Morrison impression)
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? Any SNL skit with JT and Adam Samberg, including last week's Mother Lover skit; also videos on Failblog














12. Favorite spring thing to do? Go for a walk
13. Planning to travel to next? Probably Charleston (do I sound like a broken record?)
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Ice milk with Chocolate Syrup – yes, a fresh batch!
15. Dream vacation? Sardinia to select my retirement home (just planning ahead)
16. Favorite ever film? Pretty Woman
17. Care to share some wisdom? Try to keep in mind it’s the journey- not the destination- it's taken me a long time to accept this; the "more than a card" painting I won & selected from Cynthia @ A Shimmy in My Spirit is a good reminder. It has a wonderful quote by Paulo Coelho “I discovered that searching can be as interesting as finding." Please visit Cynthia’s site when you get a chance for more inspiration!
18. Song you can't get out of your head? According to my son “the dumb Jason Mraz one.” [Sung in falsetto by VC]
19. Thing you are looking forward to? The end of the school year so I can sleep late on non-work days- woo-hoo!!
20. What makeup item would you like to purchase next? Some electric blue eyeliner- I hear it's back in style!

(yep, that last intriguing question was one I made up)


Next it is time to pass on some more blog bling! Amy, at Bitchin' Wives Club, graciously bestowed upon me the "A Sushi Grade Blog" Award. If you are not yet a follower of Bitchin' Wives Club (what the heck are you waiting for????), Amy is a multi-talented video maker, Karaoke Singer, and all around cool mom.


The "A Sushi Grade Blog is fresh, lively and of superior quality. It is rare, has character and is of good taste." It requires the nomination of 5 blogs.

I hereby nominate some new (to me) bloggers whose blogs I've been enjoying:

Shawn- incredibly talented, impeccably stylish mom to many
Rant Rave Roll- humor with an edge - check out her blog for jokes such as this:

What's The Difference Between Roast Beef And Pea Soup? Anyone Can Roast Beef

My Net Finds - Self-proclaimed internet Surfer Extraordinaire, plus she makes recipes that include chocolate and peanut butter (two of my absolute faves)
Mocha Dad- I've been enjoying reading his thought-provoking blog; plus he and I both survived our respective camping trips recently; a fellow reluctant camper deserves an award!
Brown Eyed Gal - I get to listen to one of my favorite songs of all time (by Van Morrison) while reading her blog

Congratulations!

28 comments:

Marshmallow Circus said...

OMG I haven't had chocolate ice milk in forever! Yummy. :)

Christine said...

OMG BELLY BUTTON PEIRCING YAY YOU I WANNA SEE IT OMG. i have my nose done, cant get my belly cos im fat lmao

Christine said...

I will also do this meme, will twit you to when :D

Tammy Howard said...

Andy Samberg + Justin Timberlake = crazy delicious.

Love that you got your belly button pierced! Good on ya!

carma said...

Marshmallow Circus-
You've got to have some. Love the texture. It just dissolves in your mouth.

Christine-
Gonna post some pics, including one of me grimacing :D

Tammy Howard-
True Dat, Double True! (about Andy & JT)
carma

Mark said...

Ahhhh now you have a place to hang your keys....Congrats.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

I loved that JT & Adam skit-too hilarious!!! :-)

Thanks for the award!!! yay :-)

Christine said...

Just did the meme. :D I cant wait to see photos!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

A belly-button piercing? Carma, have you found a time-machine and you've a 15 year olds washboard stomach??!

Oh yes, I see you have... Erm, can I try it out next??! Pretty please? LOL! x

carma said...

Mark-
That's exactly what I had in mind ;-)

Kathie-
You're welcome!

Christine-
Great job on the meme..

Woman of No Importance-
You are free to use the time machine any time. Hate that you've discovered my secret ;-)
carma

Shawn said...

THANK YOU, my dear!!! I was loving your answers....and the blog award is super dee duper!

I will have to mention it this week and pick my favs.

Thanks!

TwoPrettyLittleSkirts said...

Electric blue eyeliner...I love it! Man talk about feelin the 80's again lol.
Love the meme!

Dawn

Kristin said...

Congrats on the award! You do rock! Electric blue eyeliner. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Food for thought.

Joy said...

Ice milk with chocolate syrup...what the heck that sounds deeeeeelish!

Laura said...

i love chocolate ice milk! :) and the mother loving video. lol

thanks for stopping by my blog! i love SITStas! :) i sure hope my body goes back to normal quickly. i am trying not to get my hopes too high though. ;)

Janna Bee said...

Great now I have "mother lover" in my head. Fun meme!

Lucy said...

Keep learning more and more about you. The belly button piercing, really?
O.K. gonna have to check out those blogs you suggested!!!

carma said...

Shawn-
You are very welcome- and deserving!

TwoPrettyLittleSkirts-
Weren't the 80's awesome!

Kristin-
I haven't yet purchased the eyeliner, but if I do it might make some good blog fodder :D

Joy-
Trust me. It was!

Laura-
I bet you will. You seemed very determined!

Janna Bee-
I may just have to go and download the song :-) It's sure to be a classic!

Lucy-
Hope I haven't frightened you away ;-)
carma

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats on another award. I love Andy Samberg and JT skits too.

Christina said...

{cue applause}
Well, another piercing, eh? I got mine done like 15 years ago. Unfortunately, it was taken out and the hole cut through during surgery... so no more navel rings for me! No "other piercings" either. I'll just put my keys in my pocket thank you!

Congrats on your award and thanks for thinking of me to pass it too! I'm honored!

Yaya said...

Wait. What? Did I read that right? You got your belly button pierced?? Holy cow girl!

nikkicrumpet said...

I love chocolate ice milk and stupid Jason Mraz...we might be related...well except for that belly button piercing...It would have to be a wagon wheel size to even find it on my belly.

carma said...

Secret Mom Thoughts-
aren't those skits the best? When JT hosts the show every skit is a good one; don't know of any other hosts who can do that!

Christina-
You're welcome for the award. Bummer about your piercing and surgery :-(

Yaya-
Yeppers :D

nikkicrumpet-
wagon wheel size??? You always crack me up girl :D
carma

Dee said...

I had not seen it yet...how funny that we thought of each other!!! :)

I loved the meme answers...
And yes, you go girl! If I could get my belly button pierced I would do it too!!!
Thank you so much for the award...that is just awesome!!! I really appreciate you thinkin of me...and glad you like the song on my blog too!!! (Van Morrison is a FAV)
Have a fantastic day Carma!!!

Beth said...

Congrats on the award! I love Charleston, too! It is a fun place and beautiful, too!

Yankee Girl said...

I heart Andy Samburg! He always makes me laugh!

Amy@Bitchin'WivesClub said...

Hey! How did I miss this?!? You ROCK! Congrats again on being so freakin' awesome and fun. :)

Amy@Bitchin'WivesClub said...

Oh, yeah, and Dick in a Box is my favorite SNL short EVER! Timberlake rocks my world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...