Friday, May 8, 2009

Pass on the Worry and Other Good Stuff

In honor of Mother's Day, here's some of the things my mom passed down to me. First and foremost, I come from a long line of worriers. Not many can challenge us in the Worry Department. In fact, at one of my previous jobs, I was given the title of DDW, which stands for Designated Department Worrier! (not only do I worry about myself, I worry on behalf of others.) photo credit stevechasmar

Another trait that I received from my mom is my well-documented "sleepy eyes," which my mom inherited from my grandmother and which it seems I may have passed on to my son as well, because whenever my mom sees a picture of her grandson, she says, "He looks awfully tired in that picture. He must not have gotten much rest the night before."

But let's not dwell on the negative, because my mom also passed down some good traits, including her patience (which I kind of hope I inherited - perhaps in a much smaller dose), her fastidiousness, her ability to empathize with others and some decent listening skills :-)


She also passed on her tried and true cleaning tips, product recommendations and recipes. I recently asked her to look for some Soft Scrub ("hasn't scratched yet!") because the store where I normally purchased it from was no longer carrying it. She is also big on the use of baking soda and used to buy it bulk and divvy it up so that I would have a huge bag sitting on the shelf in the laundry room. I remember when we were selling our house MB pointed out that we had better put it in a closet so it wouldn't be mistaken for an illegal white substance. LOL If MB needs a tip on how to cook something, he immediately dials my mom who invariably has an answer. Unfortunately this is one area that I should have paid better attention to growing up, because it apparently wasn't genetic...


To read about what other moms passed down to their children, and to learn about the Celebrity Hand Me Down Auction, visit: http://www.ebay.com/celebritymoms and http://blog.parentbloggers.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...