Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm a Mom of the Year - Who Knew???

Yep, you heard correctly. Lucy has graciously bestowed this honor upon me. Thanks Lucy! BTW, Lucy is a fabulous mom who also puts up with a ton of crap from the Booster Club...

Rules of the Award:
•Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

What do I feel awful about? Hmmmm...maybe that I don't always fully concentrate completely on what VC (or MB for that matter) is saying- in fact, they've made a bit of a joke about it!


•Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!


1. I love that I am still his personal alarm clock.
2. That even as a teenager, he still likes to sit and talk to me.
3. That occasionally he "throws me a bone" and admits that I made a good suggestion.
4. That I can still refer to him as my "little bugaboo"
5. I love that he shows concern for my feelings and wants me to find something I'm passionate about.
6. I love that he knows that I've always "got his back."
7. I love that we can still bounce juggle together. Here's our latest video:



*Please note: I am really not as slim as it appears in the video. VC had the setting on "widescreen" by mistake so we both appear extra slim and trim! Check out my older videos to see that I do have a butt :-)

**also: If you are concerned about my choice of footwear, I do not normally go out in public wearing clogs and no-show socks! These are my "house shoes/juggling shoes!"

•Send this to five other Mom's Of The Year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.


I nominate the following moms:

Two Pretty Little Skirts
Amy
Kelly
Mommy24cs
Just A Mom (aka JAM)

Please remember to enter my giveaway! (unless you have gorgeous non-frizzy hair 'course; in which case I am jealous!!!)

23 comments:

BettieBlogger said...

heya Carma! Thanks for commenting on my blog :) Great to meet you and I look forward to checking out your posts :)



take care,

Bettie

Maricris Zen Mama said...

Congratulations on your award and Happy Memorial Day!

visiting via Sits,
Maricris
http://zenforyou.dalefg.net

Blue State Cowgirl said...

Hey, you make home-made Slime! That alone qualifies you as Mom of the Year.

Lucy said...

Love the juggling video and thanks for the shout out!!

Beth said...

Holy cow! I've never heard of bounce juggling! And you guys make an awesome team!

Mommy24cs said...

Aww thanks for nominating me for the award :o)

You guys rock at bounce juggling! I have always wanted to juggle but I am hopelessly uncoordinated :o(

Mom On The run said...

Wow! you guys are awesome jugglers! What's with the wide load sign? You def. don't have a wide load!

Shawn said...

You have got to be the youngest looking and skinniest Mom of the year, that's fo sure! Cool juggling----you guys are adorable!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

congratulations!!! :-)

Christine said...

i wish my mum was as cool as you :D

Adrian's Crazy Life said...

Hi Carma,

You won the stamps in my Blogaversary giveaway. Please send me an E-mail with your address.

Debbie said...

Congrats on the award! Loved the list and the video.

Kelly said...

Thank you! I wish I would've stopped by today before I wrote my whiney post, this would've been great! I will post tomorrow!

Great video! I would love for a video to make me look thinner! You and your son are very cute together!

carma said...

BettieBlogger-
Thanks for visiting too :-) Hope you'll stop by often!

Maricris Zen Mama-
Thank you. I appreciate you stopping by!

Blue State-
True. True. Gosh! I can skip doing the other stuff then ;-)

Lucy-
You're welcome. Thanks for the nomination!

Beth-
Thanks so much..

Mommy24cs-
You are welcome :-) and thanks!

Mom on the Run-
LOL but my load is slightly bigger than it appears due to the widescreen setting!

Shawn-
Thank you :D I've added a small note so people don't mistakenly think I'm that superskinny. VC had the video setting on Widescreen by mistake so we both appear narrower. He's since changed the setting. But, should I happen to gain weight- I'll insist that he goes back to widescreen :D

Kathie-
Many thanks :-)

Christine-
So sweet...

Adrian-
Cool. I've sent you an email.

Debbie-
Thanks so much :D

Kelly-
Hope your week gets better. Looking forward to your post!
carma

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats on another award. You are an awesome juggler too.

Karen said...

Hi, Carma! Just stopping by from SITS to say hello!

Christina said...

Oh Congrats Carma!
I'm lucky I can catch much less juggle!

TwoPrettyLittleSkirts said...

Hey girly! I stopped by to say congrats on your award then I read further and saw you nominated me too! Thank you so much!
Hope you had a great weekend ;)

Dawn

carma said...

Secret Mom Thoughts-
Thanks for the compliments..

Karen-
Glad you stopped by :D

Christina-
Thanks. It just takes a lot of practice- you'd be surprised..I'm not the most coordinated :D

TwoPrettyLittleSkirts-
You're welcome for the nomination. Hope you had a nice weekend, too!
carma

Dishy-Girls Photography said...

Thanx for the warm welcome! I've never heard of bounce juggling before but that is so cool! I'm thinking I oculd definitely do that....with one ball

Amy@Bitchin'WivesClub said...

You ROCK. THank you so much for the award!!! I have a thousand things to get off my chest, so we'll see how that turns out. ;)

YOu and the kid are like juggling pros. I am beyond impressed and really just incredulous. *snicker* It goes to show you that kids really will get a mom to do anything! (I used to be able to identify just about any airplane or military aircraft when my son was three and way into them....).

carma said...

Dishy-Girls-
Be sure to put the one ball juggling on youtube. Hey, maybe you could do a tutorial :D
Thanks for stoppin' by :-)

Amy-
Looking forward to your post. And, how 'bout all that stuff the kids rope us into? I still recall all the names of the Thomas the Tank Engine cars - and that was 10 years ago!
carma

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Woo hoo, a new award! I've seen this one floating around and was wondering if I'd ever get it! Thanks for thinking of me. I'm going to show my 12 year old your bounce juggle video. I SOOOOOO want to do that, and he's the only one that MIGHT consider trying it with me!

Oh, and thanks for the "widescreen" tip. I will be using that setting for all my future video recordings...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...