Friday, May 8, 2009

A Horrendous Mix-Up

We took many, many group photos at MB's mom's milestone birthday party: parents with the grandkids, parents with the kids, parents with the outlaws, parents with the friends, parents with the great-grandkids...

When it came time to develop the photos, MB prepared a lengthy list of the prints he wanted for his album. I decided to develop them at the kiosk in the store since there were so many.

I carefully checked the numbers beside each photo. After the 50 4 x 6's were selected, he requested an 8 x 10 group shot of the extended family-- all 31 smiling faces.

The day I went back to pick up the photos, the clerk suggested looking at the photos to make sure they were OK before paying for them. Normally I would just toss them in the cart. Luckily I did not do that this day. To my surprise, when I opened the 8 x 10 envelope, instead of a family photo of a grey haired couple surrounded by extended family, I discovered this little gem:



It was a photo from MB's "Weightloss Series."

The clerks had a nice laugh and said they would need to keep the photo to return it to the lab. You just know where that baby's gonna end up- as a lifesize cardboard cutout at the photo lab!

[sidenote: MB walked by as I was creating this post. He asked why I was still on the computer. I said I just needed to upload a picture of him. He gave a loud sigh, knowing it is never a good thing when I say those words!]

15 comments:

Lucy said...

My husband would KILL me!!! He is quite the sport:) Good thing you double checked!!!

p.s. He should be very proud of himself, I can tell you are!!!

Tammy Howard said...

My hubs would kill me, too - or - worse yet - stop following me! And if he stops reading my blog, how will he know what's on my mind?

Amy@Bitchin'WivesClub said...

Seriously. Daddy-007 would be pissed! But I'm glad your husband is such a great sport because that is hilarious. :)

And I'm thinking that there needs to be a new award out there called -- Best Creative Use of "OMG" -- You win hands down!

Karen said...

That is too funny!

delilah said...

Would it be cliche to say OMG!!

The stuff they must see at the photo kiosk. Well, before digital.

Tina said...

OMG Carma! This is too funny! I am really glad to hear that you had checked the photos first. I ALWAYS just walk out with my pics and then check them when I get home. I don't think I will be doing that anymore!

tollesons4him said...

Can you imagine the stuff the people at photo labs see of people? Well your hubby is a good sport!!!
Have a great weekend!!

Suburbia Steph said...

Hilarious! I wonder why they really needed to keep it....I mean, what are THEY gonna do with it?

Christina said...

OMG!!! Daddy would kill me if I put a pic like that up.... I remember that next time he makes me mad!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Too funny. Good for your husband too.

Debbie said...

That is too funny!
Dropped by from SITS.

Shawn said...

So funny! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

Hope to be hearing from you more in the future!

Christine said...

I bet he did it on purpose *shifty eyes*

carma said...

Lucy-
He's a good sport with the blog and also a source of much blog material!

Tammy-
Sounds like you've got a good communication method going on- why ruin it? :D

Amy-
Glad you appreciate my OMG usage :-)

Karen-
thanks. And how is your mom??

delilah-
cliches are always welcome here!

Tina-
yes, certainly allow more time to pick up your photos in the future !

tollesons4him-
photo lab assistant definitely comes with benefits!

Suburbia Steph-
Gotta wonder..

Christine-
it's always good to have a few pics like this in the arsenal :-)

Secret Mom Thoughts-
thanks. He really worked hard on the weightloss and was a miserable bastard while dieting-ooops- strike that last part!

Debbie-
Glad you stopped by!

Shawn-
Definitely. You've got a great blog..

Christine-
You never fail to crack me up *shifty eyes*
carma

Christine said...

Ahh carma what would i do without you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...