Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Favorites & More!



I've missed a couple of weeks participating in Janna Bee's Friday Favorites, but in between phone calls to attorneys, I was able to throw some together for this week. The week was pretty much a Series of Unfortunate Events (and if I do any more worrying, I'll soon look like Count Olaf) but there were also some bright spots :

(1) The yummy ice cream we created with our new ice cream maker (see here for pictures and review)

Here's a photo of the creme de la creme: our mint chocolate chip

(2) My new lime green bag (just uploaded this new pic since the previous one didn't seem too "lime-y"):





(3) Awards!!! This week I received a couple awards that I would like to pass on:

The first award is the Queen of ALLL Things Awe-summm Award -- so fancy & sparkly! I received it from Sara Bonds and mommyof2girlz


The Rules are as follows:
  • List 7 things that make you Awe-Summ and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers you love.

  • Make sure to tag your recipients and let them know they have won!

  • Also link back to the Queen that tagged you.
I'll be honest, I am not feeling so awesome about myself this week, nevertheless, I've come up with some awesomeness:

1- I graduated Summa Cum Laude from college with a 3.92 GPA. Don't be too impressed, though, as I've discovered it's pretty much worth crap out in the real world. Future college students: give yourself permission to have some fun along with your studies!

2- I am a really, really fast driver (ha ha)

3- I am a pretty decent ping pong player, but not as good as THIS guy. Ok, I can't resist posting this clip again it is so f*ing funny:



4- I can tell the difference between a DeKoonig and a Rauschenberg

5- I am getting more awesome at bounce juggling. VC and I achieved our 9 ball record yesterday: 48 catches- not too shabby!!

6- I am an awesome napper. Just ask my family members.

7- In my previous working life, I was dang good at preparing "boilerplate" Wills

I pass on this award to the following awe-summmm bloggers:

Stacy
Yaya
Bibi
Lucy
Kelly
Janna Bee
nikkicrumpet

The next award is The Adorable Blog Award, which I received from my blogging buddy BIBI. BIBI is a frequent commenter on my blog and it is always fun to hear from her, especially considering her busy life!



The Rules are as follows:

Include the award logo in your blog or post.
Nominate as many blogs which you like.
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

I would like to pass on this award to some of my commenters*. Comments are what keeps me going! Especially on crappy days like Tuesday :-) All of your comment love is truly appreciated:

Karen
Aleigh
Yankee Girl
Woman of No Importance
Amy B
tollesons4him
mommyof2girlz
Crazy Raincloud
Secret Mom Thoughts
Suburbia Steph


And now, onto the Comment of the Week (C.O.W.) Gosh! There is so much in this post!!

This week's C.O.W. goes to Blue State Cowgirl for her comment on this post:

She said: "Carma, Don't you actually have to have a belly to do belly dancing? I submit that you are too slim. Instead of those fringy things belly dancers wear on their headscarves, you can string Cheese Balls!"

Flattery and cheeseballs in one post- ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Congrats Lisa!


*If you don't see your name on this list, it may be because you've already been awarded the award by another blogger (or that I've been really flustered)- if so, I'll catch you on the next one - promise!

31 comments:

Janna Bee said...

Thanks for the award, and congratulations on your awards!

The ice cream looks delicious. We might have to make a little drive to try some ;-)

Have a great weekedn!

Karen said...

Another award! You are too kind... Thank you. Now, pass the ice cream.

Tina said...

The ice cream looks so yummy! I can feel the pounds lurking, waiting for me. Eeeek!

Blue State Cowgirl said...

Keep eating that ice cream and you will get your belly-dancing belly. And congrats on the Summa Cum Laude. What is your degree in? (I'm tempted to guess juggling?)

Thanks for the award!

Crazy Raincloud said...

Congrats!!! yummy ice cream, how did you know thats my favorite?

Thanks for passing the award onto me, you freaking rock!!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the award! I will be posting, I just have to figure out how to fit it in! I have hardly had time to comment this week! Damn job, expecting me to work...

LOVE Lisa's comment! How true!

Krissy said...

The ice cream looks so good!

Congratulations on your awards!

Lucy said...

Thanks sooo much!!!

Mint chocolate chip is my favorite and none of my family members like it, bummer, no, actually, I just eat an entire tub myself.

I love your green bag.

Congrats on your degree and it is not easy getting good grades!!!!!! Summa Cum Laude, Awesome:)

Mommyof2girlz said...

I have a ice cream maker and I love it, but haven't tried that recipe yet...maybe tonight now that I am expired :) I like you list of awe-summness...especially the "expert napper"...lol
As I was reading on I saw the award...thank you so much. That means a lot coming from you :)

Kathie @ my net finds said...

hi carma! I just wanted to say hello and thanks for stopping by my blog today! I'm sorry you missed my giveaway as well, but check back because I plan to have more in the future :-) And I will comment on them on SITS.

Lisa said...

That ice cream looks so good... I wish I didn't live in the middle of no where so I could just run up to sonic and get me some!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)Lisa

Furious Mom said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am super happy about finding SITS!

Suburbia Steph said...

Thanks, Carma!

Mint choc chip is one of my all time favs!!

Mama Zen said...

That ice cream looks heavenly!

Quixotically Chaotic said...

Oh my word that ice cream looks good!!!!!

have a wonderful weekend!

Amy@Bitchin'WivesClub said...

That video was hilarious! I laughed so hard at that guy.... Loved it.

Congrats on your awards!! And you ARE awesome!!!

Crazy Raincloud said...

http://crazyraincloud.blogspot.com/2009/05/another-award-from-carma.html

heres my post about you carma :P

Christine said...

and then i go and change everything. Here is my new blog address.

http://christineshouseofcrazy.blogspot.com/

Christine (formerly Crazy Raincloud)

Shawn said...

Hey there---visiting from SITS!

I know that I have come across your blog before---so hello again!

I will make sure to bookmark it this time---fun blog!

Have a great day.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

If I already thanked you, please disregard this comment :-) I just wanted to say hi and thanks for stopping by my blog to say welcome to the SITStahood :-)

carma said...

Janna Bee-
You are always welcome here...Hope you are able to rest this weekend.

Karen-
I'm so thrilled about my prize :-) How many scoops?

Tina-
I'm noticing the pounds are easy to put on with this evil new machine!!

Blue State-
I'm unfortunately well on my way to that belly. And no, my degree wasn't quite that exciting- it was Business Admin Major: Marketing-
boooooring - wishing it something else, but too lazy to go back :-(

Crazy Raincloud-
You're quite welcome!

Kelly-
Don't jobs suck when they get in the way of our blog hopping??

Krissy-
it was heavenly good :D

Lucy-
Did I hear correctly that none of your family members like mint chocolate chip???? That's shocking!

Mommyof2girlz-
It is a bit more involved than some of the other recipes- but sooooo worth it :-)

Kathie-
Great. I'll keep an eye out for the next one..

Lisa-
would you believe I've never been to a Sonic?

Furious Mom-
You are really going to like SITS.

Suburbia Steph-
You're welcome!

Mama Zen & Quixotically Chaotic
True dat! Yummy!

Amy-
awwww thanks :-) I just watched the video again - couldn't resist!

Shawn-
Thanks for visiting and bookmarking..
carma

nikkicrumpet said...

Congrats on your awards...I loved the fun facts. I too am a champion napper and will challenge you to a napping duel! And thank you thank you for the gorgeous award...it's all pretty and oh so sparkly...I LOVE that one!!! I'm honored you included me in! You Rock!

Roshni Mitra Chintalapati said...

congrats on your awards! You sound so matter-of-fact inspite of being obviously so clever!!
Looking forward to coming over often!

BrnEyedGal said...

For someone who's preoccupied with other things...your posts are just awesome!
They always make me smile and think..."boy, I wish I could write like that!"
Congrats on your awards...you really deserve em!
Have a wonderful weekend.

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Carma, bless you and thank you for this lovely, sweet award - I hope things aren't so much on top of you this week, and that you can improve on your splendid bounce juggling skills...

As for university scores - Meh! You are right, they are a means to an end, but they don't always open that many doors to us...

Well done for making that ice cream - Looks fab! Mint Choc Chip is also Grizzler's favourite, so he'll be round there shortly with his beak open - Just you wait!

Much love x (Hey, word verif is griserne - Too close to Grizz for my liking!)

carma said...

nikkicrumpet-
You are welcome for the sparkly! And you're on for a napping duel. Be forewarned: yesterday I napped for over an hour and a half and did not awaken until the phone rang :D

BrnEyedGal-
You are so very kind :-) Thanks!

Woman of No Importance-
You're welcome for the award. Hope you're doing well and that your pesky job isn't taking too much time away from blogging.

Grizz is always welcome for some mint choc chip- MB's favorite, too. He is working on perfecting the recipe even more :-)
carma

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Thanks so much for the award and congrats on your awards too.

The ice cream looks delish.

Aileigh said...

Thanks for the award!!! You rock! I will pass the love shortly! :)

tollesons4him said...

Aww thank you! sorry I am just now getting to this, been one heck of a week and weekend!!!

carma said...

Secret Mom Thoughts, Aleigh & Tollesons4him-
You are all welcome. I enjoy reading your blogs and thanks for commenting often :D
carma

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Thanks so much, Carma! You ROCK!!

The ice cream looks delicious and the video was hilarious! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...