Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cheeseball Tuesday

Cheeseball Tuesday is back in action!

Stephanie from Sew Fierce surprised me with some cheeseball pics. Stephanie's blog is called A Pocket Full of Buttons. She is an extremely talented seamstress. As someone who got through the sewing part of Home Ec in 7th grade by turning the wheel of the sewing machine by hand instead of using the pedal so that I could control the machine better -without using the power, I am in awe of the beautiful pieces she creates...

If you have a chance to mosey on over to her site, she is hosting a giveaway- winner gets a $30 gift certificate to her shop, which is filled with all sorts of handmade items for kids, including bibs, smocks, aprons, custom pillows and much more...

Here's what Stephanie sent me:





She did such a wonderful write-up, I am including it here verbatim: "[Here] is a pic of me and a pic of the girls. They wanted to get in on it too. I think they just wanted me to hurry up so they could eat the CB's, they had been waiting for days...haha

The pictures were taken at Mt Soledad. The cross was originally constructed in 1913 and then replaced with a concrete one in 1954. With an amazing 360 degree view of all of San Diego it is beautiful and awe inspiring! This spot is very important to me because this was the first place Traves took me on our Harley when we moved to San Diego together.

This was a favorite place for him growing up in Mission Beach. Then it is also the place where we got married March 14th...a surprise to me since I was planning a big wedding for June 26th. I thought we were just out for a ride, never expected we would walk away from the cross married (we still had the planned wedding in June).

So yesterday taking our cheesy pictures, I got to share this place with my daughters and I hope they go back to the same spot we love when they have kids."

Stephanie, thank you for sharing this beautiful story. You have made it a wonderfully sentimental Cheeseball Tuesday!

I've just realized that the Cheeseballs have now made it to two places beginning with the word "San" as in San Diego and San Francisco. Interested in participating? Please send me a photo of you and some UTZ at a distinct location near you. I'll feature your photos and link to your blog. They are sold at your local Sam's Club, BJ's or Staples or are available for purchase online directly from UTZ or through Amazon.com.

21 comments:

Mark said...

Well I see California has the short squat barrel of CB's, rather than the taller NC variety. And as for San's, next you need a Texas San, San Antonio!

Kelly said...

The Utz people should really be sending you some freebies! You should tell them...

I love the pictures! I love San Diego! I love Mission Beach!

Kelly said...

Or a link. They should put a link from their site to your pictures! How awesome would that be?

Mommyof2girlz said...

Thanks Carma for sharing my Cheesy pics, we had a lot of fun! Even better was the looks we got from the tourists...haha

Janna Bee said...

I so need to get out to Staples.

Jennifer said...

LOL! I love Cheeseballs, good to see they're going places in the world! ;-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! Have a good one!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Very cool photos.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

This is so super cool and kinda hilarious at the same time ;-)

Christina said...

The trick is to photograph the cheese balls before the kids find them.

Kristin said...

Brilliant. I would have to hide them from the hubs or they would be gone before a camera had come near them!

Debbie said...

I love the idea of Cheeseball Tuesday! How fun that is. And I hear you on the home ec front!

Beth said...

Brilliant! Simply brilliant!

All I needed was an excuse to get some cheese balls.

Lucy said...

O.K. I definitely have to get taking some pictures of UTZ Cheeseballs.

GREAT Story too!!!

carma said...

Mark-
Yes, the short and squat container is very unfamiliar territory! I'm all up for San Antonio next. Any Texan's reading this??

Kelly-
Glad you were familiar with the location...
I'm all up for some Utz freebies; need to figure out the right approach!

Mommyof2girlz-
The looks are what make the Utzperience so much fun :D
Thanks again for participating!

Janna Bee-
Please do. I have a Cheeseball Tuesday spot with your name on it!

Jennifer-
The cheeseballs have been featured so far on each side of the U.S. along with a stop in the midwest. I'm hoping the photos keep rollin' in.

Secret Mom Thoughts-
Thanks :-)

Kathie-
It's kind of like sweet going with salty ;-)

Christina-
They are irresistible!

Kristin-
That's what makes cheeseball photography so difficult!

Debbie-
Yay! I'm glad somebody relates to my Home Ec deficiencies...I'm lucky I made it through.

Beth-
I'm always happy to provide excuses. Please pick some up!

Lucy-
I thought so too (about the story) and I hope you get a chance to pick some up!
carma

Future Mama said...

haha! This is great! Love it! I love cheese balls too!

This is my first time visiting! I just voted for you on Blogger's Choice '09, that's what brought me over here. Good luck!

Not to spam you or anything, but if you get a chance, I'm up too and I'd love your vote! Thanks so much!
http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/75335

Christine said...

aw darnit, i dont think UTZ delivers to Australia, though i think i am planning my own cheesey photoshoot :P wait and see my friend, wait and see!

Ps. I WANT BELLY PICS!! :P

Christine said...

very lovely photos too. :D

Christina said...

BTW...

I have something for you on my blog!

TwoPrettyLittleSkirts said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! Wasnt the vid cute?

What a cute way to share the "cheeseball" moments..

Dawn

carma said...

Future Mama-
Thanks for the vote. I'll put in one for you, too as soon as I dig up my password :-)

Christine-
Now don't keep me in suspense too long about the cheesy photos. Must.See.Them. :D

TwoPrettyLittleSkirts-
If you decide to participate in Cheeseball Tuesday, just pick some up and send along some cheesy photos!
carma

nikkicrumpet said...

Crap....I should have handed out cheese balls at the Boston marathon...and then taken a big jug to New York...I'm such a spaz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...