Sunday, May 10, 2009

8 Things Meme and C.O.W.

I hope all you moms had a delightful Mother's Day. I spent the weekend camping with the boys. More to come on that later. It was technically not "camping," since we stayed in a cabin, but it's close enough for me to consider it camping and I think you'll agree when you see the photos. In the meantime, the cabin, as rustic as it was, had WiFi!!! So, I completed this meme that my bloggy friend Janna Bee tagged me for last week:


8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
Returning to civilization
Grilled Peanut Butter Cup sandwiches (just had one and all I can say now is "meh")
My next "class" so I can use the brand new zils MB helped me to assemble (he sews better than me)
Going to Charleston over the summer and eating pizza at Andolini's
Not having to shave my legs
Coming up with something else to look forward to - this list is sad :-(
Honda finally diagnosing the problem with my rear brakes so I can drive w/o turning the radio up
Trying this new anti-frizz stuff from Living Proof on my hair- has anyone tried it?


8 Things I Did Today:
Ate a Pop Tart (not the fiber ones)
Took Shower in creepy cabin shower
Saw a catfish on a hook
Entered blog contests that I have minimal chance of winning.
Went on a see-saw
Followed back a ton of people on Twitter - who honestly didn't seem all that interesting.
Went on a swing
Took a bike ride


8 Things I Wish I Could Do
tell a certain somebody where they can go
Be competent enough to belly dance with the group in public one day!
Visit NYC
Be my own boss
Live in a city
Get my nose or belly button pierced
Break my addiction to carbs
Realize it is not my responsibility to keep everybody happy

8 Shows I Watch:
The Office
Scrubs
30 Rock
48 Hours
Dateline
Celebrity Apprentice
SNL
DWTS occasionally


Tag 8 People
Since I did plenty of tagging last week, I'm not going to tag anyone with this meme, but if you do decide to participate, please let me know so I can visit your blog.

And now, for the Comment of the Week (C.O.W.):
The C.O.W. goes to Tammy Howard for her comment on this post:
She said, "My hubs would kill me, too - or - worse yet - stop following me! And if he stops reading my blog, how will he know what's on my mind?"- love their method of communication!

Keep those comments comin' if you would like to be eligible for next week's C.O.W.

12 comments:

Christine said...

Bwahhahaahaha first comment. That actually tells me a few things about you i didnt already know, and when i get home i shall take that meme :D

Mommyof2girlz said...

Happy Mother's Day sweetie :)

Christine said...

I did it!!!!

somethingaboutparenting said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day, and have a great week ahead.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.comTwitter: AboutParentingPhoto ideas? 100 Portrait Ideas

Noah's Mommy said...

ahhh...creepy cabin showers.....always fun....

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS to say hi!

San Diego Momma said...

Tell me more about the anti-frizz thingamajiggy!

And what's a PB cup sandwich?? There is such a thing? I must know more about that too!

So many things to learn today.

carma said...

Christine-
I'm headed on over to check out your meme!

Mommyof2girlz-
Thanks- you too :-)

somethingaboutparenting-
Thanks so much :-)

Noah's Mommy-
It is always fun when something drops on the floor in the shower - yuck!!

The Blonde Duck-
Hi and thanks for stoppin' by!

San Diego Momma-
I'm going to be testing out the No Frizz product - so stay tuned for my unbiased review :-)
My husband makes the peanut butter cup sandwiches over the campfire. Not sure where he came up with the idea. You basically spread peanut butter on bread, add chocolate, cover with another slice of bread and grill like a grilled cheese!
carma

Lucy said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day. That PB Cup sandwich sounds delicious!!

Shawn said...

Camping! Well, I actually love to camp---first in a tent and now in a trailer, cause I just can't do the "tent with the air mattress that keeps going flatter all night long" kind of camping anymore.

I am too much of a diva.

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Carma, you might know, we are sisters under the same skin as regards to the things you wished for... Although I love the countryside, I do love cities too... And I'd like my nose, and not my belly(-ies!) pierced!

And you've done that now! Well done - Only another 7 to go, my darling!

I shall pick up this Meme for the week after next, if that's all right with you, dear Cheeseball-Lover? xxx

carma said...

Lucy-
It was a nice weekend. The peanut butter sandwich was not as spectacular as MB had been advertising unfortunately !

Shawn-
I've spent plenty a night on the flattening air mattress. You've got the right idea, diva!

Woman of No Importance-
I love hearing that we have many similarities. I'm thinking you should do a spur of the moment nose piercing. That's how I came about doing this yesterday. Normally I overthink like crazy!

Please do the meme. I am looking forward to reading your responses :-)
carma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...