Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hardboiled to Perfection!


Now that Easter is over, and we still have plenty of lovely dyed hardboiled eggs in the fridge, we've been thinking of some possible uses:


egg goggles


egg-ccessories












or perhaps pretending to be an Ovoraptor stealing eggs:




























And, of course, I let's not forget- the juggling of hardboiled eggs:





















Unfortunately, I am not as creative with my cooking as I am with my photography. Here's how the eggs ended up:

in plain 'ole egg salad sandwiches, several of them. I have to say, though, that they were some of the best hardboiled eggs I've ever cooked. Just the right amount of time- perfect yellow color and they peeled effortlessly. Here's the method I used:

Cover eggs with 1" of water and bring to a boil.
Shut off heat and cover pot (if using electric stove, remove from burner then put back on burner when it cools a bit-no heat). Let sit in hot water for 12-13 mins. depending on size of eggs. Cool in ice water for 5 mins.


for more egg-cellent ideas, check out:

http://www.incredibleegg.org and http://blog.parentbloggers.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...