Monday, April 13, 2009

Fond Easter Memories


So here's us posing with the traditional German Mocha Cake that MB whipped up on Saturday. He makes one every Easter. If I am "like marrying a man," he is sometimes like marrying a woman- not complainin' - just sayin'. Pardon the stereotype, but how many dudes do you know who would be up at 7:30 a.m. making a 4 layer cake and decorating it to the hilt?

Exhibit:

A - The Cake topped with "Rum Balls." For a more formal portrait, see this photo:

and for an idea of the layers and scale of the cake:

B - Nose appears larger in pictures taken with point-and-shoot camera at arm's length

C - Can you put on some makeup and do your hair, for Pete's Sake? It's Easter Eve!!!

D- Can't afford real artwork? Try magnets instead.

E - This photo
Someone "stumbled it" on my former blog and MB was an instant viral hit (LOL) - but, alas, now that the blog no longer exists, it is back to obscurity for MB.

F - Wacky Packages are always lots of fun, especially on Easter. VC got some in his Easter basket. Here we have Glutton mustard and Burpsi Cola. Remember back in the old days when they were called Wacky Paks???

G - Note on phone reminding us not to make any long distance calls without using calling card. AT&T - thanks for your pushy sales tactics and for not delivering as promised. That'll show you! Damned if I am going to use this phone to place any long distance calls via your lame-a$$ carrier.


Anyone else finding it hard to get back in the swing of things? *head falls on keyboard*



Know any tween/teen girls who would like a cute shirt? There is still time to enter my giveaway.

17 comments:

Noah's Mommy said...

wow..he did an amazing job....stopping by with some SITS love

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love that cake.

Suburbia Steph said...

I'm having a tough time trying to get back to business too....

A man in the kitchen is definitely one to keep!

Great pics!

Heidi said...

Thanks for visiting my site :) It looks like you had an exciting Easter. The cake looks amazing!

Kelly said...

A dude who cooks is priceless. I have one and I love it! Otherwise we'd eat Chipotle and salads all the time. I'd be okay, but my kids would be pissed...

OH! I gave you a shout out today!

Karen said...

Hmmm... up at the crack of dawn baking a cake???? I think that would be my husband too...

Heather said...

Great picture!
And AT&T can go you know what to themselves!

piecemeal people said...

Just popping in to say 'thank you' for stopping by my blog today! You know, it's weird but just three nights ago I was talking to someone about cheese balls and how long it's been since I've had them. Might just have to rectify that... :)

Janna Bee said...

There is so much to love in this post! You should do this with more pictures. PS Can you send me some of MB's cake. That looks fantabulous!

PS You look great without makeup!

Janna Bee said...

Wow I did two PS's without even realizing it! I'm tired!

Blue State Cowgirl said...

UGGGGGG. Still in sugar coma. . .

carma said...

Noah's Mommy-
Thanks for stoppin' by :-)

Secret Mom Thoughts-
Thanks. He is going to love all the cake compliments!

Suburbia Steph-
Yep, I'm lucky to have a man in the kitchen considering I am rarely in the kitchen ;-)

Heidi-
We did. Thanks for visiting :-)

Kelly-
Thanks again for the shout out :D
I'd be up for chips and salsa and maybe some mac n' cheese and some rice dishes. That's the extent of my repertoire.

Karen-
Yes, he always bakes at the crack of dawn ;-)

Heather-
Yes, Bleh on AT&T!!!

piecemeal people-
That sounds like a good omen. Get cheeseballs now, and if you do, please send me a photo for Cheeseball Tuesday!!

Janna Bee-
Thank you for the w/o makeup compliment. You have brightened my day :-)
P.S. I do think I will do this again w/the photo. Had fun with it!

Blue State-
Tell me about it!! I have go to try and cut back. Darn MB and all his baking ;-)
carma

Joy said...

That's a fab-looking cake! He's certainly got some serious baking skillz.

carma said...

Joy-
He does!! Which is good, considering my "non-skillz" and thanks for entering the giveaway :-)
carma

tollesons4him said...

Now that's what I'm talkin about!! Look at the beauty of a cake he made, I am jealous I tell you JEALOUS that you have a hubby that can do that......

Mark said...

Oooooooh Bangs!

carma said...

tollesons4him-
He does kick some serious butt with his baking skills; mine, on the other hand....I've had several cakes break in half, let's put it that way :-)

Mark-
Yay!!! Someone noticed the bangs.
carma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...