Monday, April 20, 2009

Are You Concerned About Your Child's Brain Development? (and, if not, what the heck is wrong with you, you sorry excuse for a parent?)

Have you seen the recent advertisements for Juicy Juice's new product- called "Juicy Juice Brain Development?" Now, I ask you, how could a parent pass on purchasing a product with a name like that, without suffering extreme parental guilt.

Who wants to be the only parent not concerned about their child's Brain Development!

I don't know about you, but I carry around enough guilt without juice making me feel guiltier!!

*I've just returned from a weekend jaunt that involved over 20 hours in the car, so I've got some catching up to do. I plan to post some pics from my trip, hopefully on Wednesday.

I did not want to neglect posting a Comment of the Week (C.O.W.) for last week, though. The C.O.W. goes to....

nikkicrumpet for her comment on this post. She said, "LOL sure...he was neeekid...you were taking neeekid pictures of your hubby...you two wild kids! Congrats to the hubby...nice job!"

I repeated the comment to MB, using proper enunciation of the word "neeekid" and he appreciated this bit of blog humor :D

I do want to reiterate, though, that he was, in fact, NOT neeekid under the blue and orange airbrushing- or was he?

13 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

There is definitely enough mommy guilt without juice getting in on the act.

Karen said...

I wonder if that Juicy Juice brain stuff would work on an adult brain like mine -- or if it's too late????

Kelly said...

They are trying to combat the "juice has too much sugar," warnings! It's like, what's worse? Obisity or being stupid?

Or spelling errors? I'm sure I made a few... My mom didn't give me that damn juice.

Lucy said...

I never thought this post was going to be about JUICE! Wow, so just drink juice and wam, smarter. Goodness, the crap is flying now.

Can't wait for road trip postings and missed you while you were gone!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

HAHA! Karen had the same thought I did...wonder if it would work on an adult brain...I could use all the help I can get, particularly in the memory department...(grin!)

carma said...

Secret Mom Thoughts-
Agreed!

Karen-
That is a good question!!

Kelly-
I got scared away from all juice when VC was younger and those sugar warnings came out, so we drink virtually no juice- I bet many other parents did the same...
I was trying to prevent him from getting Obise ;-)

Lucy-
awwww..thanks for missing me :D

Stacy-
You're not kidding about the memory problem- we need some memory enhancing juice!
carma

Blue State Cowgirl said...

I heard on NPR yesterday that adults are taking kids' ADHD meds to give them that "mental edge". It's only a matter of time before high powered executives are skulking around kid parks stealing tots' Juicy Juice.

carma said...

Blue State-
Love it!!!
carma

Robin said...

Well...I'm not too worried about my kids brain health....it's way too late for that....they are both in their 20s. But I just want to state for the record......if my girls have bad brain health.....I blame it totally on their father....MTV.....Disney channel...

The Royal Family said...

congrats on sits day

Scottish Lass said...

Shed the guilt. I bet you did more brain development taking your kids on a trip and playing with them than any amount of juice could ever provide!

Penz said...

I saw the commercial yesterday and laughed my booty off. The try to come up with all these things for parents to buy for their kids. The sure know how to market...to the weak. My kids get juice but not daily, we live in AZ water is what you need to drink all day long. Will my kids be dumber for not having the juice? No, they'll be dumber from some of the schools out here. hahah...an inside joke about our school systems here. :)

Anyway, love the blog. may the cheesinees be with ya.

nikkicrumpet said...

WOO HOO I knew if I spelled creatively I would win an award someday...who knew it would be something as special as being a COW....hmmmm funny it's not the only time somebody has called me that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...