Monday, March 30, 2009

Not Me! Monday



The alternate title for this post: "Why I am NOT in sales".

Last week, I did NOT list an aquarium for sale on Craigslist. It was NOT given to MB by someone several years ago because he didn't want it anymore.

We never bothered to get a filter and hook it up, so it has been sitting in the basement since then. I figured we should NOT try and list it for sale and see if we would NOT get any bites...

(are you with me so far, is this even making sense as a NOT Me! Post?)

I did NOT get a call over the weekend from what sounded like a sweet lil 'ole lady. She was NOT very interested and was NOT asking all sorts of questions that I could NOT not answer, having never operated the aquarium. (Our last foray into fish was when VC was three and the poor thing did NOT last less than 24 hours).















The conversation that ensued did NOT go like this:

Her: How many gallons is the tank?

Me: I have no idea.

Her: Was it saltwater or freshwater fish that had been in the tank.

Me: I have no idea.

Her: How many bulbs does it take? (Now this one I was able to handle- phew!)

Her: Were there ever any reptiles in the tank.

Me: I would hazard a guess and say, "No."

Her: You probably don't know if the tank leaks, do you?

Me: No.

Amazingly, she was NOT still interested in seeing the tank. She said she lived about an hour and a half a way!!! I did NOT then start panicking that she might drive such a long way only to be disappointed if the tank didn't match up to what she was expecting. [I do NOT have issues with disappointing people, unless they are someone I do NOT hate ;-) ]

So, I did NOT start subliminally trying to discourage her from coming, by saying, "I would NOT hate for you to drive all this way yadda, yadda, yadda." She did NOT say "but I really want the tank." I did NOT say in reply, "Well, it will probably be here for a long time so you may want to think about it more before making such a long trip."

Figured I'd talked her out of it, but then on Sunday, I did NOT get a call from her asking if she could come by. She was NOT not as timid as I expected from the phone call because although she had a wad of cash, she did NOT try to talk me down from $35 to $25. She did NOT point out several areas where the finish was slightly discolored. We did NOT settle on $30 after her second attempt to get me to take $25. (Hey, maybe I should be in sales after all!)



In other news, I did NOT catch someone off guard during the open house at our local health foods store by inquiring if her product was basically Beano. My extensive Beano knowledge does NOT come in handy on occasion! She said, "Yes, but that [her product] was 'cleaner'" Oh really! I'll NOT stick with my Beano :-)

I also did NOT have my chakras realigned by clinging bells, but that's another story. I did NOT realize they were out of alignment.



[This blog carnival was created by MckMama.* You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.]

*If you are the praying kind, MckMama's baby Stellan is not doing so well :-( These are very difficult days for her, so please keep the family in your thoughts.

**If you will be buying flowers for mom on Mother's Day, please visit my review blog for a special offer.

7 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Good for you for not taking $25.

Fruitful Vine2 said...

Congratulations for being one of the winners of my prizes for visiting my blog during The Ultimate Blog Party.

Could you email me your mailing address so that I could send it out to you? My email address is jenniferjv2004(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Have wonderful day!

carma said...

Secret Mom Thoughts-
I am working hard at not being a pushover :D

Fruitful Vine2-
Awesome!!!! I've emailed my info. to you.
carma

tollesons4him said...

Congratulations on selling the tank and good for you for not letting her get you down to $25!!!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Good job not letting that lady talk you down to $25 - she still got it for a steal! :)

A Woman Of No Importance said...

And do you feel better now your cheeseball chakras are aligned - Your audience must know! x

carma said...

tollesons4him-
thanks. I was proud of myself for not caving!

Stacy-
thanks for agreeing. For $30 she shouldn't have expected it to be in pristine condition!

Woman of No Importance-
I do!
carma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...