Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Had so much fun with this last week that I'm back for Round Two:

This week, I did NOT shout over several times to my husband alarmed that he had not gotten out of bed, and would be late to work, only to discover the figure I thought was him was just a bunched up comforter. It's not a good thing when your wife mistakes you for a comforter.

Speaking of work, I did NOT show up to work on Wednesday sans makeup, figuring I'd have plenty of time to apply my "face" before the boss got in, only to have her pull up a mere seconds after I arrived (doh!) Can you say "pale and pasty?"


On Saturday night, I did NOT record SNL on our VCR from 1986 (seriously!). I did NOT attempt to record the program on a machine is so old that I can not program beyond the year 2006 since the manufacturer probably figured there was no way anyone would be using it to record beyond 20 years. They didn't figure us quirky "Addams" into the equation. In order to program the VCR I do NOT need to make up an imaginary date that falls on the same day that I am taping; however, said date can't include the number 7 since the #7 on the remote is broken :-) Why do I bother, seriously! But, it's still got that *sparkle*

I did NOT scoot my son out the door on Friday wearing only one shoe after I panicked noticing the bus had already arrived at the corner. He quickly alerted me at which point I did reopen the door and hand him the other shoe and he did NOT head over to the bus with one shoe on and the other in hand. I would NOT do something like this in order not to have to drive him to school and miss my workout time.

You should NOT check back tomorrow to learn about my latest giveaway! OR SHOULD YOU :D


[This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.]

I am so itching for a blog makeover! Daily Dose of Toni is hosting a giveaway where the winner will get a blog makeover from Sara at Subjective Beauty. Go check it out. Her designs are fab!

19 comments:

Lucy said...

Did the SNL record?
Hey, at least he had his shoes!!!
How sweet of you to attempt to wake your husband, mine is on his own. Actually, I'm spoiled mine brings me coffee in bed every morning to wake me up:)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I love that you are still using your VCR. That is awesome that it still works. I LOL about your son and the shoe too.

PunkyBean said...

VCR? What's that? :)

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

Yes! That VCR is priceless! They made things to last back then, didn't they? My last DVD player lasted a year.
I loved the husband/comforter one!

Melissa said...

Love the VCR Not Me, I can't believe that it still works.

Karen said...

Good to know your VCR still works. I've thought about trying to record Lost with ours since we don't have Tivo or anything like that, but it seemed like too much trouble and that my head might explode.

Mark said...

LOL I can only imagine how immense your Amana RadarRange is, that is if you've moved up to those fancy microwave things ;-) And if that VHS remote doesn't work I might know of a Beta machine & remote that might still work.

PS if you attach his shoes to his clothes (ala Garanimals) it makes it easier for him to find both his shoes in a time squeeze such as you had on Friday, just saying.

carma said...

Lucy-
You betcha. We watched it last night. Not one but 3 McGrubers so it was worth it :D
and your husband sounds like a keeper! Coffee in bed? Not too shabby!

Secret Mom Thoughts-
This VCR just won't die and I can't bear to toss it while it is still functional unlike most other equipment around here :-)

Punky Bean-
Touche!

Domestically Disabled Girl-
I hadn't thought of that angle, but now that you mention it, just about all electronics purchased recently have crapped out before a year. Don't make 'em like they used to!

Melissa-
thanks :-)

Karen-
You may want to give it a try. Once you get back in the swing of recording, it isn't such a pain - or is it? hmmmm...

Mark-
I'm still trying to digest this- one of your best comments thus far: Amana, Beta and Garanimals all in one comment. How do you do it????
carma

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Pale and pasty- ROFL!

Janis said...

My parents still use their vcr to record as well. :) We have one that still works but now that we have dvr we don't record on it anymore. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Janis

Kameron said...

Sounds like someone needs to come into the digital age and get DVR!! :o) I tell ya, if I didn't have it, I don't think I'd even watch TV. Great McGuyvering to get your show to record though!

Barbara Manatee said...

thanks for stopping by!

I'm on maternity leave right now, so I don't usually have to get up to an alarm - just the kids - but my hubby is awful about getting up and I often want to beat him with my pillow to get him up! haha! (when I work - I'm the first one up...) I thought he had turned the alarm off this morning and rolled over to tell him to get up - to realize he was already up, showered and working!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Hilarious about the VCR!! Our kids play video games on my husband's old Super Nintendo circa 1989! It rocks because you can buy games for $5 on Ebay, sure beats $50 for a Wii game!

Bridget said...

Your Not Me's are funny-that would so be me trying to wake up the comforter where my husband had been!! :D

Thanks for stopping by!

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

We still have three working VCRs and use them frequently since I am not about to run out and buy a hundred DVDs to replace all the kids tapes we have. We also still have the microwave my dad bought in the 80's...and it still works. They definitely don't make them like they used to.

nikkicrumpet said...

I can just see your poor kid limping to the bus. And you know the bus driver was shaking his head.

carma said...

nikkicrumpet-
It was kinda lame on my part but nothing comes between me and my morning workout!
carma

Mel Fraase said...

You have a gem in that "antique" VCR - totally funny!! Why is it those last forever and I can't manage more than a year or two out of a DVD player??

carma said...

Mel Frasse-
I know! Got to hang on to it as long as I can!
carma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...