Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Favorites

This week I am participating in Janna Bee's Friday Favorites, where we pay homage to things that got us through the week.

1. My favorite video. Hands down (or in this case up and down): my son's new juggling video aptly named "I Got Balls! (juggling)" It really is good (and I'm not just saying that 'cuz I'm his mom). Check it out:



2. My new favorite song - (see video above). VC and I love to listen to it over and over.

3. Favorite escape. Escaping from the dreaded big box store weekly shopping trip, because MB offered to go for me. I used my free time wisely *cough* blogging & twitter *cough*

4. My heating pad. Used to soothe my aching back that was twisted when I took that "face plant" a while back. Just bringing this up to elicit the "sympathy vote"

5. Rice. Lots of it. Whenever I am feeling down I usually go right for the rice. MB hates rice. Just boggles the mind how we ever wound up together with all our many similarities! Warning: I've also discovered that empty calories like this do NOT do a body good though.

6. Comments. Lots of comments this week. Ok, so maybe they were due to my giveaway, but I'll take 'em any way they come!


Who doesn't like Cheesecake? or mixed tapes (Well, it's really a mixed CD, but I'm old school and can't kick the habit of referring to it as a tape, 'kay?) visit Janna's Blog and check out her giveaway!

21 comments:

Janna Bee said...

Your son is so talented! He should audition for America's Got Talent! And I love the name of the video, too funny.

I'm actually a noodleholic, so I totally understand the rice thing.

Great Favorites! Thanks for playing and thanks for the link.

Mark said...

Rice vs Noodles in a carb smackdown? I come down on the side of both, I mean who doesn't love a Chicken Noodle & Rice soup?

Sounds like you had an exciting week of Favorites and thanks for sharing it with us.

Nessa said...

Wow! Your son amzes me! That is the coolest thing I've ever seen!

I am with you on the rice thing, although mine is more of an any type of carb addiction.

PunkyBean said...

Your son is impressive!

Rice is awesome. My husband hates it too. When I was single I only ever purchased tortilla chips and salsa, white rice and butter (for the rice!) I also weighed at least thirty pounds less than I do now. AT LEAST, sometimes around forty pounds less! Could have something to do with the kids though...

carma said...

Jannabee-
I'm a starchaholic in general- unfortunately. Glad you enjoyed my son's video :-)

Mark-
Rice and Noodles- it's a toss up- but leave it to you to combine them!

Nessa-
Thanks for stopping by! I'll pass on the compliment to my son ;-)

Punky-
you have just named my ideal meal; I could subsist on those four items as well !
carma

Paula said...

Super cool video! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) Have a great Friday!!

Firefly@www.firefly-shop.org said...

Cool video :) and I do the same with rice LOL Thanks for welcoming me and stopping by my blog :) I follow you :)

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Carma, that juggling child sure has rhythm! Very cool - He is sooo quick!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love rice. It's so comforting.

Blue State Cowgirl said...

Your son is a juggling MADMAN! When does Cirque du Soleil hold auditions?

And my favorite carb? Risotto, which is the upscale San Francisco version of rice.

Tina said...

Love the video. My husband was just trying to teach me to juggle earlier this week and I looked like a fool!

carma said...

Paula-
Thanks!

Firefly-
thank you for the follow. I'm following back :-)

The Blonde Duck-
so true!

Blue State-
Thanks for the compliment. Many, many more years of practice before even attempting Cirque. The main juggler in the show we saw holds 9 World Records!
Risotto is never as good as plain 'ole rice though :-(

Tina-
If you've watched any of my "juggling" videos you will see that I am the same way :-)
carma

carma said...

Woman of No Importance-
thank you. He definitely didn't inherit the rhythm from me!
carma

The Bush Family said...

Stopping by from Janna's blog, your Friday Faves are awesome! I am also a rice-a-holic and pasta-a-holic..ok anything that is starchy has my name all over it! Anywho, I think I will peruse your blog for a while :) have a happy weekend!!

Mesa

Young Momma said...

Visiting from SITs! Cute blog! :)

carma said...

The Bush Family-
Starch rocks! And thanks for visiting :-)

Young Momma-
Thanks. Glad you stopped by!
carma

BIBI said...

I've always wanted to learn to juggle.

Love rice as well. I think when I get emotional or very tired I turn to my rice eating binge.

Love your post!

ppompi said...

That was a really good video!

carma said...

BIBI-
You are already "juggling" so much. I don't know how you keep it all together!

ppompi-
Thanks! Did you like the part at the end when the ball hits the light switch?
carma

Heather said...

Hey there! Stopping by from SITS to say hello :-) Wow he's a fantastic juggler! I enjoyed that video, thanks for posting it!

Bernadette said...

Heating pads! Rice! Comments! Who doesn't love these things! Thanks for stopping by :)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...