[I've had in mind to write this post for a while. Funny that I chose to write it on the heels of yesterday's post!]
While MB & I were perusing the city over the holidays, we happened into one of those funky contemporary furniture stores that sell pillows for $170 (each!). MB happened to take notice of the scantily clad employee who was arranging some of the pricey knick knacks.
As we were leaving the store, I said to him "marry someone like that and you will be kissing my feet every day since I am like marrying a guy compared to a high-maintenance chick like that" and I wasn't kidding...
Here's a short list of my stereotypical male tendencies (yes, I said "stereotypical" - so I know not every male possesses these qualities) sheesh!:
1. For my 30th birthday gift, I requested a car detailing
2. I clean my car tire rims using a toothbrush to get in the crevices
3. I don't wear nail polish
4. My hair/makeup routine takes about 15 minutes and I'm good to go
5. I prefer lounging around in jeans or sweats to dressing up
6. I am not overly emotional unless provoked and then you'd want to get the heck out of dodge - fast!
7. As I have said before, I don't do frou frou
8. You will find no knick knacks at my place
9. I don't make a big production about preparing food (much to MB's chagrin)
10. I change my oil and rotate the tires every 5,000 miles religiously
11. I have a couple of close friends; you won't see me at the mall with a gaggle of girls
12. I like to get to the point and like for you to do the same
13. I do our taxes
14. I check stock prices
15. I burp (albeit quietly - ending with an ahhhhh...to distract MB when he is on the computer)
16. I prefer an un-PC comedy to a "click flick"
17. I don't have any cute and cuddly pets that I talk baby talk to (not that there is a problem with that)
18. I don't enjoy shopping; I'm am happy to browse; no need to buy
19. I can appreciate a good SNL skit involving Andy Samberg
20. I am not on the cell phone all day with friends which is why I have the 25 minute plan
*to be continued as I develop more male tendencies*
**I have an awesome giveaway on my review blog! You can enter until May 4, 2009.
photo credit Mai Le