Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Post Where I Quote P. Diddy

Not sure if you recall, but a couple months ago there was an election. None other than rapper P. Diddy had his own campaign slogan, the subtly titled: "Vote or Die." (just realized that was in 2004 - but for purposes of this post, let's pretend it happened in '08)

There is another election in the works and since I've discovered that bloggers are some of the most shameless self-promoters out there, I hate to be left behind when it comes to said shameless self-promotion.

The election I am referring to is the 2009 Bloggie Awards (official name: Ninth Annual Weblog Awards). Since this election isn't as monumental as the one we had in November, voting in lieu of dying isn't necessary. However, I am humbly asking you to vote for me and and two other bloggers whom I greatly admire.

Here's how it works. Please go to this site (by tomorrow) and consider voting for us in the categories of "Best Writing of Weblog," "Best-Kept Secret Weblog" and mine qualifies for "Best New Weblog" as well.

You will be required to vote for 3 blogs. Here's the trifecta I propose:

(1) Mad Asthmatic and her blog www.rustzeb.blogspot.com where she, the proper British blogger, pontificates on such matters as mince pies, parties and other proper British things. She has made more mince pies this past month than I have made and eaten in my entire lifetime. MA puts the "F" in Festive.

(2) Lisa (aka Blue State Cowgirl) from www.leftcoastcowboys.com. If MA puts the "F" in Festive, Blue State puts the "T" in "Telling it like it is." She is an incredibly quick thinker, as well as a farmer, rancher, gardener and vinter. Hope I am not leaving anything out. Her site also features photos of her adorable terriers, beautiful baby photos and mountain ranges "sans cheese balls."

(3) www.CarmaSez.blogspot.com, because I "Sez" so. (I mean "hope" so - *fingers crossed, fingers crossed*).....and if I get a "Bloggie" I will have so much to live up to that you will get incredibly thought out and well-written blog posts hereon out, as opposed to sophomoric humor involving photoshopping my husband's head onto a "Gelt." It's definitely worth it on your behalf.

My son in his infinite wisdom just pointed out that I should not post this because it is like asking for subscribers on YouTube and that he hates it when people say, "you sub me; I sub you," etc. I explained that we bloggers commonly resort to tactics such as these and that it is very classy, unlike the pandering on YouTube....

Where was I. Right. Please vote for us. And remember to confirm your ballot when you get the confirmation email. (This is the only email you will get. No mailing lists involved- completely harmless- and that's a Carma Sez Promise!)

Thank you for your time :D Sophomoric posts involving butts and toilets will continue tomorrow....and I wish I was kidding!

photo credit quinnums

7 comments:

Blue State Cowgirl said...

You were more dignified that I was. I haven't yet resorted to begging, but I did do some wheedling on Twitter.

carma said...

I'm not above begging either. Will do some sporadically today so I will not be too much of a pest! Of course 95% on Twitter have their own blogs, but it is worth a shot :)

Mark said...

LOL, OK, OK, I have my marching orders, reminds me of this joke I just read.

When everyone on earth was dead, and waiting to enter Paradise, God appeared and said:

"I want the men to make two lines."

"One line for the men who were true heads of their household, and the other line for the men who were dominated by their women and I want all the women to report to St. Peter."

Soon, the women were gone, and there were two lines of men.

The line of the men who were dominated by their wives was 100 miles long, and in the line of men who truly were heads of their household, there was only one man.

God said, 'You men should be ashamed of yourselves, I created you to be the head of your household! You have been disobedient and have not fulfilled your purpose!

Of all of you, only one obeyed. Learn from him.

With that, God turned to the one man and asked, 'How did you manage to be the only one in this line?'

And, the man replied, 'Carma told me to stand here because she Sez.'

carma said...

Mark-
Holy Shi-take! (you know I am beginning to love that line) That joke is funny as crap!!...and yet so true. This is the first time that my name has been used in any type of biblical joke. I am thrilled :D Hopefully my "control freak" nature is not being fully exposed on my blog ;) Guess the cheese ball's now outta the jar on that one..
carma

Mark said...

Well the prescribed votes were submitted, although I was torn as to where to submit yours. I almost submitted yours for Best Budding Food Blog?

Best use of Cheeseballs in a Photoshopped (borrowed) picture?

Best use of a fake Railroad layout?

Best use of a Marzipan Candyass?

Mad Asthmatic said...

nominations were submitted last night. Had some fun doing it, wish we had to give some reasons because with my frou frou skills we would all be blogger of the year.
Am feeling so rough but will be trying to get a post done today, Have been wheedling on twitter and the forum!
toodlepip
A sore eared and almost deaf MA

carma said...

Mark-
You know I would just "kill it" if those categories existed; sad that they do not. I suppose there is no need to clear a space on the mantel just yet...

MA-
You are not kidding! With your "frou frou" skills that I lack, you could doll up the application and we would most certainly be contenders!!!

carma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...