Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Blogging Life Is Complete

I promised Big News yesterday....





And this time I have delivered! It is with knees quivering and fists clenched in excitement that I convey this happy news to you...I have, in fact, had my first Albanian visitor!!

Best not to examine the report too closely or you will see that said Albanian visitor spent zero time on my site..which is the same for the countries that follow Albania on the report, including my favorite country "Not Set."

I am most grateful to Blue State Cowgirl for sending out the call to her minions. I am convinced it was her tweets such as this one: "I'm hearby requesting that my legions of Albanian fans go directly to the blog of @CarmaSez A good read!" (a good read indeed!) that resulted in adding this crowning achievement to my blog, not the Albanian balloons which I felt would surely lure a an Albanian visitor or two. I am also fairly certain, but not positive, that Mark's advice to rub sausage and sauerkraut on my neck failed to deliver as promised...

Blue State went above and beyond the call of duty. Noticing that I failed to adequately photograph the Blue Ridge Mountains on my recent trip, she provided me with some superb photos from her 2007 cross country trip. Yes, you heard me right. Instead of getting my own photo of the mountains when I was 5 minutes from them, I have relied on someone from clear across the country to provide me with a photo. I like to conduct all my business this way.

(I have taken the liberty of adding my calling sign to the photo.)



I know that I will sleep like a baby tonight, having accomplished the mission I set out to achieve over a week ago. "But Carma," you ask "Wasn't it a two-part goal (1) to get an Albanian visitor and (2) for them to leave a comment?"

Baby steps. Baby steps...



carma

11 comments:

Blue State Cowgirl said...

Glad to be of service! I've been thinking that Cheez Balls could be a useful bribe. I hear Albanians can't resist them. What about posting a standing offer of a free jar of cheez balls to any Albanian who visits and leaves a comment?

carma said...

Blue State-
I'll have to mull that one over. The container is rather large. Perhaps a scaled down "snack size" version. Look at me being so frugal! I'll never attract a proper commenter!
carma

Eva Lyford said...

Ha! An Albanian hero answers the call. What country are you going for next?

carma said...

Hi Eva-
Not sure yet, but it will need to be somewhere obscure. Any suggestions? Of course, I have yet to fulfill Part 2: an Albanian commenter. But I can work on both of these goals at the same time. I am a multi-tasker like that ;)
carma

Mad Asthmatic said...

woo hoo, does a party dance.
Maybe i should take a trip to Albania - i believe i am the closest to this particular country and get my stick out - I will get you that Albanian comment Carma

MA

carma said...

MA-
You would do that for lil ole me - awesome. Bags and stick packed and at the ready?
carma

Blue State Cowgirl said...

Hold the phone. Mad Asthmatic just informed me she got a NIGERIAN visitor. I've never had an African visitor. I bow before here infinitely superior blogginess.

Mark said...

Hmmmmmm I see the bloggy headlines now as an enticement for new traffickers to CZ's site:

"Life time supply of orange orbed mouth fireworks available for unique visitors to my site (Must stay for more than 10 seconds to be eligible"

carma said...

Mark-
It is so easy to entice visitors with this cheesy new method. I am hoping for at least a 70 second visit because these Cheese balls don't come cheaply! ok, maybe they do when purchased in economy size at the local wholesale club..
carma

Mark said...

You may have to up the ante if you want 70 seconds. Maybe some UTZ Crab chips or Tastycakes perhaps?

Oh and if one eastern bloc visitor can make your blogging life complete I'd hate to see what a flurry of international visitation might unleash upon your blogging life :-)

carma said...

Mark-
I'm not sure that it is possible to be "more" complete once you are compete but I am willing to try, especially if it means a "flurry of international visitors." Come one. Come all!! It will be like extra cheese on the cheese balls :)
carma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...