Monday, February 2, 2009

More Food Fun and International Intrigue

The NaBloPoMo theme for the month of February is WANT. I'm happy to report that I've come across just the thing I want to get my hands on. I may be behind the times on this, since a google search revealed this product has been out for a few years, but I cannot hide my excitement in discovering there is a such a thing as chocolate toothpaste! And, that it may be better than using fluoride?? Yeah, baby!! Research has shown that cocoa extract is even more effective than fluoride in fighting cavities. (The study I read was done by a researcher at Toulane University.)

As a frequent (almost obsessive) toothbrusher, I'd love to know if this product is still on the market. I read that it may be made by Unilever in the Philippines. Must get this product, as It combines the two things I would do many times every day in the ideal world: taste chocolate and brush my teeth!! It's like dying and going to toothbrushing 'heaven.'

I'd put the call out to my Philippine followers only I DON"T HAVE ANY!!!! Which brings me to my next mission......

If you know anyone from the Philippines, I'd love for you to steer them to my blog to leave a comment. I'll keep you posted on this, my latest international endeavor. If you have any suggestions as to how to best attract a Filipino commenter, I'm all ears :-)



carma



17 comments:

Amy@Bitchin'WivesClub said...

Ha! I actually do have a Fillipina bloggy friend... Charity Childs-Gevero. She is a darling and fun fashionista in Manila that happened upon my blog and I on hers awhile back. I will go over and ask her to come over and check it out.

http://charitychildsgevero.blogspot.com/

Cha Cha said...

Chocolate toothpaste? I want to love it, yet it sounds like the type of product that has that chalky, faux-chocolate taste, not the rich, dark-chocolate cleaning power one would expect.

Blue State Cowgirl said...

Despite your shameless ploy to attract international readers, you will never surpass me.

Behold my international readership in just the last day: Algeria, South Africa, Honduras, Karnataka India, Dubayy United Arab Emirates, and of course the inevitable Albanians.

My site is a virtual UN! During the month of Feburary, I plan to engineer world peace by instituting a blog war instead.

Mark said...

Hmmm I'm thinking to make it easier all you have to do is just get a Toblerone (dark chocolate of course) and brush your teeth with that. That way you can dispense with the international panderings ;-)

I can see the international Craig's list entry now, "will trade UTZ cheeseballs for Phillipine's Cocoa toothpaste"

carma said...

Amy-
That is good news about your Filipina friend. Please steer her this way. I'll wait a day or so before pursuing her since I don't want to "force" things; unsolicited (by me) comments are best ;-)

ChaCha-
you've burst my Choco Loco bubble! I sure hope it doesn't taste chalky :( Only one way to find out. I must get my hands on some. stat!

Blue State-
Did I mention the visitor from United Arab Emirates who spent 12 minutes on my site recently? Or maybe the one from Brunei who hung around for 9 minutes 11 seconds...I thought not...

Mark-
The international pandering will only continue and escalate as Blue State continues to taunt me...If it takes an UTZ swap to procure the toothpaste, so be it. Perhaps I can ship the 100 calorie snack size :D

carma

Mark said...

What's that? 2 maybe three cheeseballs?

carma said...

Mark-
It's all about Quality, not quantity.
carma

Mel said...

Chocolatey fresh breath?!?! That just does not go together, sounds pretty sick actually ;).

@MelissaEvansFL

carma said...

Mel-
Gosh, I was thinking people would be excited to try the Choco Loco :-)
carma

Karen said...

Wonder if that has more calories than cheese balls???

Crazy Raincloud said...

Yummy i want some!!!! i have a friend who went back to the Phillipeans today :O im gonna miss her. did i mention i'm an aussie? thats one more international visitor/ commentor :D

BIBI said...

Hmmmm... Chocolate toothpaste?!? Sounds delicious er good to brush with.

You're hilarious. You've made a new fan and friend.

carma said...

Karen-
Hopefully not. But that is assuming I will be eating it right from the tube. I'd never do that - or would I??

Crazy Raincloud-
Did you realize you were an Aussie. Thanks for helping to fill out my International Contingent. Perhaps your friend from the Philippines might consider stopping by to comment?

BIBI-
Glad you're enjoying the blog and thanks for "friending." I've friended you back :-)

silverpistola said...

Is that... cherry toothepaste beside it? Now that I could definitely love.

Chocolate before 11am? I just can't!

carma said...

silverpistola-
Thank you for inquiring! I have just learned something new: the other toothpaste is Lychee (pronounced /ˈliːtʃiː/[1]; the sole member of the genus Litchi in the soapberry family. Soap berries!! How cool is that? Still no match for chocolate, though, at any hour :D
carma

Eva Lyford said...

found some for you! http://www.smallflower.com/breath-palette/bitter-chocolate-25-toothpaste-25-g-toothpaste.html?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googlebase

carma said...

Eva-
This is great! Thanks for your superb investigative research. Not sure that I'm convinced about finishing with a "refreshing menthol taste." Chocolate and Menthol??? I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks!
carma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...