Sunday, January 18, 2009

Juggler for a Cause

Over the years, I've volunteered at my son's schools, been a Junior Achievement Volunteer, "morning muralist" and served on the board of a non-profit Art League (sounds a lot more impressive than it was, belieeeeve me!) ...
Lately, aside from my work with the "COA" (Cheeseball Overaters Anonymous ;-) kidding!) I haven't been as involved, but one thing we enjoy doing as a family is accompanying VC to his various volunteer jugging gigs. Last Friday, I took him to a local Assisted Living facility and he put on a show for the seniors, complete with a ragtime soundtrack. He does many of these types of volunteer opportunities throughout the year and it gets him and us out into the community and definitely puts a smile on people's faces. Jack the Clown Dog was even impressed!


One thing that I want to improve on in 2009 is to find a "cause" to get behind. If there is a cause or group that you support that you think might be a good fit for me, please leave me a comment about what brought you to the cause and why you enjoy volunteering your time with this particular group.


To find out what Quaker Oats is doing to help end childhood hunger, please visit http://www.startwithsubstance.com and http://blog.parentbloggers.com

This post was written for Parent Bloggers Network as part of a sweepstakes sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...