Wednesday, January 7, 2009

6 Things That Make Me Happy

Mad Asthmatic (a proper British blogger) has tagged me to do the "6 Things that Make Me Happy" meme. hmmm...Let's see :

(1) Raindrops on roses
(2) Whiskers on kittens
(3) Bright copper kettles
(4) Warm woolen mittens
(5) Brown paper packages tied up with strings
(6) Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

Kidding!
Here's my own original 6 (I'll start with the obvious):

(1) The anticipation of an Albanian commenter (which I sense will be coming soon)
(2) An empty cheese ball container - at 9g of fat per serving - need I say more
(3) Quadruple whisked low fat mayo
(4) Compliments other than that I "resemble the New York Central train"
(5) Being mom to a newly minted teenager !
(6) A really, really quiet day at work so I can in a sense get "paid to blog" (and tweet) :D

I tag: Eva, Karen, Jodi,
Krissi, Kathy, Sarah


The rules…
Link to the person who gave you the award. If you want.
Post the rules on your blog.
List six things that make you happy.
Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
Let the person who awarded you know when your entry is up.



carma

12 comments:

jodifur said...

I will let you know when I do it. It'll be next week, on the new blog!

Mark said...

Since I don't have a proper blog, well no blog at all I'll consider this comment spot my spot and drop you my 6.

1. Blue-green tropical waters.
2. Watching the slowly setting sun drop into the ocean.
3. Good coffee & good beer
4. Grandchild giggles.
5. Diving into crisp, cold sheets.
6. Caramel Apples, Hot Cider & Fall

programiTV said...

hello hello..

I am glad to do so little to make someone cheerful.

In other words, I am an Albanian commenter :)).. lol. I visited your blog yesterday and I wanted to leave a comment, but bad luck because my internet provider had a defect; I was disconnected right away and I had no more internet till today.

Of course it was the smell of the cheese balls that attracted me, such a pity they are all finished..:). And there were so many!! lol.., there was little probability to attract Albanians by Christmas tunes, like yourself, generally we are not that fond of them, but some cheese balls do work for an Albanian girl like me :). And for the others, probably they would all be flattered by the photo of the red balloon with the two headed eagle on it - the one from one of your previous posts (credited Shkumbin).

Wish you all the best!

Eva Lyford said...

I'm game - I'll have my post up later!

carma said...

Jodifur -
Looking forward to it! Hope you have a smooth launch of the new blog :)

Mark-
I am so stoked that you are an "honorary" meme participant! Please continue to do so. "Holy Shi-take!" Your happy things are so serene.

programiTV-
I "sensed" that today would be the day -- and here you are!!!! (actually I read about your loss of internet access in Albania yesterday). You have made my day! Thank you for stopping by and confirming it was the cheese balls that did the trick! I'll let the others know :)

Eva-
Glad you're on board with the meme!

carma

Karen said...

Hey, you stole my answers! (The first answers, I mean. Not the second...)OK, fine, I came up with some more answers. Check it out...

carma said...

Karen-
Thanks for participating -- I'm on my way over to your blog..
carma

Mad Asthmatic said...

hmmmmmmm I am seriously suspicious of this so called Albanian commenter??????? Is Carma involved in subterfuge and i am still upset at not being sent some cheese balls, this has really traumatised me.
Am loving reading people's answers on the meme.

MA - bet you don't have a nigerian visitor Carma

carma said...

MA-
Your suspicions will soon be put to rest - stay tuned. I will provide confirmation that it is an "authentic" Albanian commenter. Fear not...
No, I haven't had a Nigerian visitor YET. I am slowly building my International presence; Don't want to hurry things along too quickly ;)
carma

Blue State Cowgirl said...

I don't know about YOUR Albanians, but MY Albanians definitely come for the Christmas tunes!

I do think the gauntlet has been thrown down with Mad Asthmatic's Nigerian visitor. Which of us can get an African blog reader first?

carma said...

Blue State-
I agree. MA is taunting us!! GAME ON!
carma

Eva Lyford said...

Ok, my post is up: http://www.ejly.net/2009/01/6-things-that-make-me-happy.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...